$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Genomatica develops commercial biobased processes to make widely-used chemicals that enable better, more sustainable everyday productsOpens a New Window.. That enables our partners and leading brands to offer better food packaging, auto parts, clothing, tires, carpets, and more.
We've commercialized processes for bio-BDO (for plastics) and for biobased butylene glycol (for cosmetics); and our technology drives the world's first commercial-scale biobased plant for a major intermediate chemical. We're working on polyamide intermediates (nylon) and on butadiene (tires); and we're helping numerous companies with their bioprocesses. We have more on the way.
The Executive Assistant will provide proactive, high-level administrative support, handling information and details of a highly confidential and critical nature. This role will include support for the Company's Executive Leadership Team
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Calendar management - Coordinate all aspects of executives' calendars (internal and external meetings, conferences, travel, etc.)
· Understand and balance meeting priorities
· Advise meeting organizer of executives' time constraints
· Materials for meetings are prepared/provided in advance
2. Event / meeting management
· Set meetings and calls as requested - prepare agendas/materials
· Dispersal of meeting minutes, as directed
· Action items are tracked and confirmed
· Meeting logistics, including venue selection and room set up (meals/refreshments, audio visual, etc.)
· First impressions / representation of Company for visiting guests
3. Travel Management & Expense Reports
· Handle all aspects of complex travel arrangements for high-volume domestic and international travel, often coordinated with other executives, in accordance with Company travel policy.
· Track and manage executives' individual travel preferences and requirements (including reward programs)
· Provide detailed itinerary for each trip (via calendar or stand-alone spreadsheet)
· Prompt reconciliation of travel expenses / filing expense reports (currency conversion)
4. Mail Management, filing, records, and materials organization/retention for each executive.
5. Be a proactive team member with other Administrative personnel by supporting each other and their Executive team members during periods of absence.
6. Participate in event planning for company engagements, both onsite and offsite, during and after business hours.
Qualifications & Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required in order satisfactorily perform in this role.
· Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business Administration or related field preferred
· 8-10 years related experience supporting management-level, including interactions within and outside the company (customers, vendors, visitors and other high-profile guests), with at least 2 years of experience successfully supporting C-level executives; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proven track record of using discretion, judgment, communication and decision-making skills
· Event/meeting planning proficiency
3. Knowledge Requirements
· General knowledge of business practices and policies for public and private companies
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o Adept at establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships with partners/customers in a global market.
· Time Management
o Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
o Flexible and adaptable to sudden change in business demands.
· Critical Thinking
o Strong analytical and research skills – keen accuracy and attention to detail
o Superior organizational skills
o Sound judgement / decision-making skills
· Collaboration / Teamwork
o Enthusiasm for cross-departmental collaboration in support of all organizational goals and initiatives.
o Adaptability to many different working styles and personalities
· Personal Responsibility
o Process confidential information with the utmost discretion
o Dedication to exceptional customer service
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works primarily in an office setting, with occasional access to laboratories. This position requires the ability to use computers and office equipment, communicate with other individuals through a variety of different methods. This entails the ability to sit and to reach, to talk and hear, to stand and walk, dexterity of hands to finger, handle, or feel. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Valid Through: 2019-10-22