Executive Assistant / Chief of Staff
Very cutting edge, Next Generation Travel System corporation seeks a top level candidate to support the chairman in a variety of sophisticated and complex responsibilities. Must have similar experience, be able to travelinternationally as needed. French speaking a plus.
The executive assistant provides high-level administrative support to company executives by managing projects, conducting research, maintaining relationships on the executive?s behalf, handling information requests, attending meetings in the executive?s absence, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, taking notes during meetings, preparing meeting briefs, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings and arranging flight and hotel accommodations. The executive assistant should always be proactively searching for ways to streamline systems and make the executive?s time more efficient and effective.
1. Directly manage projects on behalf of the executive. This includes working with a variety of departments in highly cross-functional teams.
2. Build and maintain relationships via email on behalf of the executive.
3. Present on behalf of executive at small and large events.
4. Manage a vast degree of complexity and uncertainty, and turn chaos into simple and workable action steps.
5. Act as an information hub. Executives and team members should be able to go to you for answers on the status of various projects and information relating to the company.
6. Understanding ?psychological framing? and how to create a meeting atmosphere in which the executive has the greatest opportunity to succeed in achieving their desired goals.
7. Document and distribute information quickly and effectively.
8. Type reports, memos, letters and other documents using word relevant computer software.
9. Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
10. Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
11. Read and analyze incoming emails, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
12. Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining records management database systems.
13. File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
14. Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
15. Make travel arrangements for executives.
1. Eager to learn.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Public Speaking.
4. Time Management.
5. Collaboration Skills.
6. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
8. Technical Capacity.
9. Stress Management/Composure.
10. Strong Computer Skills: Familiarity with Facebook@Work, Wunderlist, Evernote, and Microsoft Office required.
This position may require the supervision of office interns.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This role is split between office work, which is largely sedentary, and traveling, which requires constant movement and physical exertion.