- This position typically provides administrative support to an executive of the organization at the VP level or Regional President level, with responsibility for a major function of the organization, such as Operations, HR or Sales.
- Works independently to perform diversified duties.
- Prepares, composes, and initiates correspondence, memoranda, presentation materials and reports.
- Organizes and prioritized workload to meet deadlines.
- Answers and screens telephone calls, takes messages, provides information, or redirects calls as appropriate. Receives and directs visitors. Instills and exhibits a welcoming environment for guests and callers.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, travel itineraries and coordinates related arrangements. Arranges meetings and conferences, prepares and distributes minutes of meetings. Operates personal computer and appropriate software packages or its equivalent. May develop queries, generate and distribute reports. Maintains appropriate records, files and documentation. Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Provides administrative support and coordinates the execution of special projects with little or no supervision.
- Researches, gathers, and/or compiles information as required by the executive leaders.
- Creates databases and prepares and manages Excel spreadsheets as requested.
- Prepares error-free correspondence, which may or may not require the personal attention of the executive leader.
- Clearly communicates concerns and questions to the appropriate executive by keeping each consistently apprised of issues and situations that need attention.
- Coordinates meetings and small events, including participant scheduling, catering and other preparations; attends meetings and prepares minutes as requested.
- Assures travel arrangements are properly scheduled and meet the needs of the traveler.
- Exercises good judgment and exemplifies a professional presence and calm demeanor when dealing with all issues and situations; ensure all issues are addressed properly, efficiently and judiciously, keeping track of progress until resolved.
- Completes a variety of administrative duties that include, but are not limited to: processing expense reports, maintaining calendars, making copies, collating documents, distributing correspondence, facilitating tracking systems, maintaining filing systems and maintaining office supplies.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and making adjustments to plans as needed.
- Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures
- Works under general supervision
- Beginning to solve some straightforward problems
- Has limited work experience involving basic concepts and procedures but requires formal training in theories/concepts in own function
Experience / Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field with three years of office administration or related experience OR in lieu of degree, eight years directly related administrative support experience, preferably supporting at the executive level
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion; must be adaptable to various competing priorities, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)