As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a member of the Internal and Executive Communications team you will create communications for our most senior tech execs within our Corporate Engineering team, and you'll help leaders find innovative ways to engage employees and build a shared culture. In this role you'll be a strategic thought partner who brings people together across functions, a captivating storyteller, a strong speechwriter, and a persuasive executive coach. As a member of your client's senior leadership team, you'll go beyond day-to-day execution and offer strategic advice and partnership to grow the Core organization for the future.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of professional communications experience in a business, media, government or non-profit environment.
- Experience serving as a speechwriter, communications manager, or spokesperson for a technology company or an executive responsible for technology decision-making or thought leadership.
- Experience working in public relations.
- Ability to capture the authentic voice of leadership in written communications and partner with them to deliver a vision to their team.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environments, and to work with colleagues globally.
- Ability to bring together various stakeholders, create a project plan, and execute deliverables.
- Ability to execute creative and engaging communications campaigns geared toward internal/employee audiences.
- Excellent problem-solving, collaboration and spoken and written communication skills.
- Work with executives across Corporate Engineering to develop and deliver compelling messages to internal audiences. - Be a strategic thought partner who brings people together across functions to shape the future of Corporate Engineering. - Manage and help coordinate a cross-functional approach to a broad range of internal communications issues related to the product area, including community management and tooling, organizational changes, culture, and the impact of emerging developments on our technology and platforms. - Showcase how our infrastructure delivers the best of Google. - Work with and advise senior leadership on the right forum, timing, and content to ensure employees are in the know, inspired and empowered to meet our goals.