The Executive and Internal Communications Lead partners with executive leadership and key partners to design and implement communication programs that create clarity, confidence and connection to our strategy for our team members and build our reputation and brand. This role is part of our Employee and Executive Communications team and will directly support Micron's Senior Vice President (SVP) of Human Resources on her internal and external communications platforms, as well as the HR organization on team member and manager program communications.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is passionate about employee engagement, culture and the role that employee communications can play in helping to achieve business goals. You will work with a broad team of communications and HR professional to build compelling content and experiences that help inform and inspire our 34,000 team members around the world. The ideal candidate will have a strong writing background, with an outstanding track record of working with senior leaders in Fortune 500 companies. Experience working in technology and/or semiconductors is highly desirable.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Partner with SVP, Human Resources to provide ongoing strategic and tactical communications advice to help inform and inspire our 34,000 team members around the world, as well as external partners on key people leadership and technology topics.
- Based on business objectives and in conjunction with key business partners, build and execute a comprehensive communication and employee engagement strategy that communicates HR programs and key initiatives internally across the company.
- Develop and implement thoughtful, innovative and engaging communications across internal communications channels, including direct email communications to team members and managers, intranet stories (MicronNow), FAQs and program documents, and in-office digital signage displays.
- Support leader participation in company-wide all-hands, leadership meetings, and other experiential engagement experiences.
- Collaborate with brand, editorial and content colleagues to provide timely input for relevant topics to be featured in external channels as appropriate.
- Draft speeches and talking points, messaging, video scripts, blogs and other materials for leader. Bring strong experience in writing for different formats, mediums and audiences including long-form, short-form; social media, web, video; external and internal audiences among others.
- Identify strategic external executive communications opportunities for SVP, Human Resources to build our reputation and brand.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of corporate, internal and executive communications experience at a Fortune 500 company.
- Experience in the IT and/or semiconductor industry highly desired.
- Demonstrated talent for high quality writing and content development, with samples to share.
- Extensive background crafting, developing and successfully implementing comprehensive employee engagement and executive communication programs using multiple platforms and media.
- Outstanding creative writing skills with ability to capture the executive's voice and elevate their content and presence, including ability to simplify complex content and write in a clear, succinct and engaging format that adapts to audience needs.
- Executive presence, professionalism and ability to influence and drive alignment at all levels.
- Seasoned project management skills with ability to develop and execute multiple end-to-end programs concurrently and with little oversight.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills and senior client relationship management experience. Solid team collaboration skills.
- Solid experience with multimedia platforms, social media and visual storytelling.
- Adaptability to needs and strategies of individual business units; high tolerance for ambiguity; ability to take ownership and drive projects in a rapidly changing environment.