The Executive Assistant (EA) is an essential position for the smooth operations and success of the organization and primarily will be responsible for seamless administrative support for one of our top senior executives and functional leader at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. This person should be familiar with a fast-paced workplace, able to understand the business needs and juggle myriad tasks simultaneously, be meticulously organized, detail-oriented, proactive and a terrific team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision. Off-hour availability will be expected.
Individual is required to think analytically, exercise sound judgment and discretion, and independently assess and resolve complex situations. Ability to communicate effectively and articulately with all levels of the organization, different time zones and cultures. Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to manage and respond to multiple priorities and shifting demands while maintaining the sense of urgency, and intensity that the office requires.
With minimal supervision, incumbent performs advanced and complex secretarial and administrative responsibilities, i.e., independently compose correspondence based on knowledge of executive's intentions; prepares documents of a highly confidential and sensitive nature; maintains complex and changeable calendar; executes rigorous follow-up by ensuring issues are resolved and projects completed; arranges meetings and complex domestic and international travel arrangements/itineraries. Must be able to proper handle and deal with highly confidential matters.
- Leadership Support: Provide high-level support to the Executive and other senior leaders of the team. This person will stay highly connected to senior leadership activities, take initiative, and be proactive in anticipating needs. Keep senior leadership well informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities. Ensure appropriate follow-up. Takes initiative to handle planned and unexpected or foreseeable tasks, while managing senior leadership calendars and schedules in an efficient and professional manner.
- Meetings: All scheduling will fall to this person. This will include in person/remote meetings in multiple locations and coordination of complex, senior-level internal/external meetings and conference calls, sometimes in multiple locations. The EA will be responsible for travel arrangements including airline, rental car, and hotel where needed.
- Communications & Presentation Development: Edit, initiate, and draft correspondence, documents; Create and develop presentations (PowerPoint), and communications independently and on behalf of the Executive leader
- Event Support: This person may well be involved with supporting the Executive leader at key business Functional Meetings, Manager Meetings, Conventions, Leadership Meetings, etc.
- Office Administration: Assist with the budget for the function, manages purchase orders for the function and coordinates and supports various employee activities. Organize and maintain meticulous files (electronically— store, copy, file, mail, and distribute materials. Prepare materials for senior leadership signature and review paperwork for completeness and accuracy. Maintain stationary supplies for correspondence. Handle expense reports, travel coordination, receipts according to corporate policy as well as review and approve all Direct Report expense reports.
- Scheduling, Networking & Planning. Liaison with other functions to coordinate information, navigate issues and plan meetings and events. Coordinate collection of information from HR, Finance, Legal, and ensure relationships across company and resolution with input from manager.
- Miscellaneous: Other duties as assigned and required by the Leader and Team.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience of executive level support required.
- Previous experience supporting customer-facing/fast-paced team is highly desirable.
- Exec admin experience supporting senior management, C-Suite VP+/Head of a major Corporate function required with demonstrated track record of success
- Incumbent must possess extensive knowledge of and demonstrate expert level proficiency with personal computers with Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Virtual meeting tools and software, Microsoft Teams / WebEx / Zoom.
- Strong Technical Skills, computer / Internet savvy with proficiency in systems like: Ariba, gXRS, CTO, SharePoint and Global Connect or similar systems and/or software programs required.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must have extensive knowledge, understanding, familiarity with matrix structure/multiple units or Corporate structures.
- Heavy schedule coordination is required – managing multiple / competing priorities.
- Prior exposure and success with communication to executive leadership/board of directors is required.
- Strong calendaring experience and booking and coordinating travel required.
- Meeting planning, coordination and execution required.
- This role may require up to 10% domestic travel required.