- Member of the Technical Engineering team reporting to the Technical Manager
- Terminal responsibility for the following Texas cities: Fort Worth, Dallas, San Antonio, Pasadena, Beaumont, and Port Neches (Occasional travel to other terminals may be required for support on Capital Projects)
- Works on multiple engineering projects with competing priorities under periods of high pressure to achieve tight project deliverable schedules.
Specific job duties or deliverables that the position requires which will also measure performance:
- Daily field construction activities regarding safety, productivity, and quality
- Verifying safe and effective use of equipment and resources
- Ensuring efficient use of labor and materials to meet approved project budgets
- Providing overview of daily work activities of field construction
- Participate in Detail Engineering reviews
- Develop and implement cost effective terminal, business strategy and business development projects using Motiva Capital Delivery Standard (Stage Gated project work process).
- Develop project execution plans, scopes of work, packages for estimating, schedules, and construction work packages to meet timelines of assigned projects.
- Manage contractor resources for execution of Motiva projects.
- Develop skill in use of Technical Project Group procedures / standards and work processes.
- Develop skill in use of the Management of Change System.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with appropriate stakeholders for any changes to approved scope, quality, cost and schedule.
- Ensure the quality of project deliverables in the Field.
- Manage a wide variety of projects ($100k up to $20 mln depending on the employee’s experience and capacity) for the Technical Engineering Group. Must be able to manage approximately 8-13 projects within different stages in the execution and project phase simultaneously.
- Understand the Industries OSHA Management of Change Requirements including HAZOP and PSSR Activities.
- Participate in Engineering and Construction Contractor performance reviews
- Manage Request for Information (RFI) process and negotiate Field Change Orders for Construction activities
- Manage/track Physical Progress, Project Cost and Scope Changes
- Participate in Construction Team safety meetings as required
- Work with Procurement and Project Manager to develop and administer contracting strategy for terminal construction activities
- Lead Construction Portion of the Bid walks
- Lead contractor safety orientations
- Lead Ready for Start-up reviews at job completion
Experience and Qualifications Required:
Areas in this section will remove any one from consideration that does not meet basic qualifications, and these are auditable during Department of Labor or OFCCP audits.
Preferred Qualifications: < >Strong stakeholder managementAPI 570 & API 510 Certified a PlusSchedule/lead Construction Pre-Mobilization and Kick Off meetings
- Participate in weekly Project Status update meetings as dictated by project needs
- Participate in weekly project scheduling meetings
- Participate in Project Forecasting (Supported by the Project Manager)
- Manage constructionschedules and budgets for assigned projects
- Participate in Construction Team weekly meetings
- Ensure timely construction updates to Production Representative on assigned projects
- Lead role for Constructability Reviews on assigned projects< >Lead/participate in Incident InvestigationsMust have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- API 653 Certified Required.
- 15+ years of demonstrated experienceConstruction Management.
- 10-15+ years demonstrated management delivering API 653 out of service and 5-year external inspection and subsequent repair/ upgrade of Terminal Storage Tanks as well as the testing and inspection of Terminal piping.
- Management of API 570 & 2611 inspection of terminal on-site and off-site piping. (Supported by Corrosion Specialist)
- Must be able to work in a multi-discipline team environment successfully
- Proven understanding of the Industries OSHA Management of Change Requirements including HAZOP and PSSR Activities.
- Proven experience managing a wide variety of projects $500,000 up to $20 million using a Stage Gated Process.
- Proven experience at a Refinery, Terminal and/or Petrochemical facility running/ managing Construction projects of various sizes and degrees of difficulties.