Responsibilities and Qualifications
The Senior Associate Counsel provides front line legal counsel and subject matter expertise in multiple complex areas to Mercy leadership for operations in western Missouri and Kansas.
- Working with diverse client teams to review, interpret and provide implementation guidance on federal and state regulations such as the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law.
- Hands-on day-to-day advising of internal clients in multiple departments and multiple locations on a wide range of healthcare operational matters.
- Working as a member of a cross-functional legal office and supporting work in other areas as may be requested.
- Negotiating and drafting various types of significant contracts, policies and guidelines
- Creating policies and procedures for an evolving number of service lines in a changing regulatory and reimbursement environment.
- Managing outside counsel
- Representing Office of General Counsel on various committees as requested.
- Serving as corporate Secretary for affiliated entities and overseeing paralegal staff preparation of corporate documents
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) and Bar Admission in Missouri
- 8+ years’ legal experience in health care representing hospitals and physician clinics, corporate and non-profit law
- A high level of sophisticated legal judgment and leadership ability to assist in guiding projects along with the ability to identify, analyze and develop strategy for areas of legal need.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- The analytical skills to resolve highly complex problems requiring the application of scientific or technical principles, theories and concepts and in‑depth, experienced‑based cross‑functional knowledge.
Requisition ID 2017-758346