The Exchange System Administrator provides day-to-day, hands-on support of the Microsoft Exchange mail server, Proofpoint Spam/Email Security Gateway, and other organization servers in a virtualized environment. This position also works with cloud applications, Office 365, and networking and mobile devices. Other areas of support include networking/server support, break/fix, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Exchange Systems Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining a hybrid Microsoft Exchange email environment. This person will also assist and manage other Microsoft and Linux-based servers, to meet the current and future requirements of system operations, and maintain the integrity and reliability of these systems.
- Monitors systems operations, identifies issues, and recommends and implements solutions.
- Monitors local and wide-area networks, identifies issues, and recommends and implements solutions.
- Plays a major role in Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
- Provides change management communication regarding system changes, outages, and problems in advance to end users.
- Installs, configures, tests, and deploys Windows-based server operating systems and applications, protection utilities and add-ons, and has the ability to implement.
- This position requires extensive, sometimes 24-7 customer interaction, and timely responsiveness to issues and questions.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years of extensive Microsoft Exchange experience, both on premise and cloud-based.
- Strong Virtualization skills, prefer VMWare experience with up-to-date current experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products (Windows and domain architecture), electronic data interchange, and network and domain architecture.
- In-depth understanding of network components and their interactions.
- In-depth knowledge of server-based Windows systems.
- Strong knowledge of active directory and Windows design.
- Strong knowledge of the protocols and tools for systems preventive maintenance.
- This position requires a self-starter and quick learner who understands and can adapt to existing software application and computing infrastructures.
- Highly desired Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification or working towards an infield related certification.
- Highly desired VMware Certified Professional.
- Highly desired Cisco Certified Network Administrator.