This position is responsible for providing administration and support for a complex distributed Microsoft Exchange e-mail environment. The responsibilities include providing system monitoring and administration, software upgrades, and implementation of new technologies. The Exchange Administrator will provide support for all messaging related architecture. Individual should also be well versed in other aspects of Microsoft Exchange administration including:
- Powershell scripting
- Android and Apple mobile devices
- SAN/NAS; server hardware
- Perform both routine and non-routine systems administration tasks for daily operations.
- Develop and implement technical documentation and operational procedures to support day-to-day operations.
- Build, maintain, and support, Microsoft Exchange 2010 servers, including OWA, Active Sync, Autodiscover, and Exchange Server roles.
- Manage all major fix packs and software upgrades
- Make certain all messaging systems are compliant with corporate data retention policy standards
- Serve as an escalation point in the identification and correction of complex computing systems and application problems, including interaction with other support staff, personnel within the IT Department and business users.
- Recommend modifications, including upgrades, additions or deletions to systems or services. Provide analysis and justification for recommendations, which may include operational data, feasibility, technological enhancements, and changes as needed.
- Propose and implement server consolidation/migration as necessary.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of, and real world experience, in the following areas:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, in technical and non-technical topics. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong, consistent service orientation to both internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and communicate progress/problems to appropriate personnel effectively.
- Client software experience including Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office suite products.
- Detailed technical expertise in Microsoft Outlook, Exchange 2010, mobile devices including Android and IOS, EMC Clariion/VNX SAN technologies, and Windows2008Architecture
- Proficiency with Powershell scripting
- At least 10years of work experience in information systems in positions of senior technical leadership having provided guidance on disaster recovery, architecture design, implementation and support. In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Linux platforms, and network protocols
- Experience in Server Consolidation, Backup and Recovery, and associated best practices for implementation.
- Experience with the implementation of automated system monitoring tools.