The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an experienced Excelsior Data Engineer (Level 4) to join the Boeing Guidance Repair Center (BGRC) located in Heath, OH.
Your duties as an engineer will include (but are not limited to):
- Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts; Has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization
- Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity
- Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role; Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects; Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering classification
- Experience in complex database programming
- Experience in data mining and algorithm design
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Coursework and/or work experience with Oracle
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.