Our client provides telecom infrastructure solutions, with a specialty in in-building wireless solutions. They have developed a unique niche in the wireless space as a "neutral host integrator" and are experiencing triple-digit growth as a result of their solutions for heterogeneous networks (HetNet). Their clients include all major US carriers, private enterprise, and the public sector. They are hiring an EVP Wireless Sales and R&D to develop new wireless infrastructure solutions and sales strategy.
The EVP Wireless Sales and R&D is in charge of sales strategy for new IoT and RF solutions. They will guide the R&D team on developing innovative technology in the areas of LMR, Wi-Fi, M2M, and colocation technology. With huge demand for new wireless solutions for enterprises of all sizes, this role is poised to grow exponentially over the next 5 years.
This Role Offers:
- Opportunity to manage R&D for a market worth over $2.5 billion, with projected 43% growth within the next 5 years.
- Strong potential for career advancement, internal promotions, and increased responsibility as the company continues its high-growth phase.
- Company's wireless networks are used by all major US carriers and many marquee clients.
- Highly experienced team includes alums from some of the biggest names in telecom, with strong experience in wireless energy, M2M, emerging 5G technology, and neutral-hosted small cells.
- Working with today's most in-demand wireless solutions, including in-building DAS, outdoor DAS, Wi-Fi coverage, small cells, and end-to-end wireless infrastructure solutions.
- Opportunity to work from home, with some travel.
- Reporting directly to the CEO. Direct access to C-level executives and high visibility within the company. Many opportunities to attend trade shows, events, and top industry conferences.
- Small, agile company with a high-demand product line and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Competitive base salary plus full benefits package, including healthcare options, life insurance, travel perks, company equity, stock options and more.
- Uncapped, tiered commission with aggressive built-in accelerators.
- Build R&D program from the ground up and sales strategy, meeting regularly with the CEO, directors, and other key stakeholders to give project updates, develop strategy, and review proposals.
- Negotiate key iDAS/oDAS and small cell contracts for new R&D solutions.
- Coordinate with Engineering, R&D, and other internal team members to oversee high-level solutions proposals in response to clients' project requirements.
- Develop and refine sales strategy, especially for emerging technologies and growing market areas.
- Oversee technical R&D for licensed and unlicensed spectrum technologies, cellular offloading, high-power/low-power small cell, and other wireless network infrastructure technologies.
- Report to executive management on wireless industry trends, market growth, and competitor solutions.
- Locate key areas of growth in the market and advise sales team on where to focus their efforts.
- Provide training strategy and direction for sales and BD team for emerging technologies and new solutions from R&D team.
- Support the company as it develops its unique neutral host integrator niche in the telecom industry.
- 10+ years of experience in telecommunications, with a focus on wireless infrastructure and RF Solutions.
- Background in technical sales or wireless sales engineering. Entrepreneurial or start-up experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in high-level management roles with a proven record of team development.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Strong technical skills in the following:
- Macrocells, small cells, and heterogeneous network (HetNet) infrastructure
- Wi-Fi, IoT, M2M
- RF Solutions, iDAS (indoor or low-power DAS) and oDAS (outdoor or high-power DAS)
- 4G/LTE (licensed spectrum) and LTE-U (unlicensed spectrum)
- Cellular offloading
- Up to date on new industry wireless standards and construction standards.
- Experience with emerging technologies, especially 5G/IoT/M2M, is a strong plus.
- Comfortable talking to decision-makers in a wide range of industries. Excellent written communication and technical presentation skills.