About the Role
JustAnswer is looking for an experienced and passionate leader to oversee our Engineering department. The EVP of Engineering is responsible for building and organizing our engineering teams which execute our product roadmap, helping our experts delight their customers while giving our operational teams the data they need to optimize our fulfillment processes all over the world.
Specifically you will:
- Be a member of the executive team, reporting to the CEO
- Manage software development, program management, Tech Ops and IT.
- Build scalable processes for delivering the JustAnswer platform, within an Agile/DevOps environment
- Structure teams and interactions to minimize friction and maximize productivity for optimal throughput of engineering
- Build career tracks for JustAnswer engineers-- making JustAnswer a great place to be an engineer!
- Work with leaders across JustAnswer to come up with creative solutions for all of our business plans
- Drive technical excellence across our product
- Assist with planning and executing on our product roadmap while ensuring we are taking into account updates and maintenance of our systems
- Work with stakeholders across the company and on the executive team to ensure that engineering is moving in lockstep with the business
- Build relationships with and between our international offices in Ukraine and India.
- You have hands-on experience managing multiple teams, including remote and offshore staff of 100+ engineers
- You have lots of experience with how to build great deployments and infrastructure
- You have extensive B2C/eCommerce experience
- You are data driven
- You are a team-building powerhouse that drives quality and predictability
- You are passionate about making your team better and creating an environment of learning
- You have experience in both running software development and a global IT organization
- You prefer a lean approach to problem solving to maximize efficiency
- You are humble, putting the success of the business and your staff first
Bonus Points For
- Experience working in a marketplace
- Experience with private cloud at scale
- Oversite of CI/CD infrastructure
- Kubernetes experience
- Familiarity with the metrics of Accelerate
JustAnswer is the best way to talk to doctors, lawyers, vets, mechanics and more in minutes—24/7. We connect customers with verified and vetted Experts to provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget, democratizing professional services. Our mission is simple: we help people.
Since 2003, JustAnswer has helped 10 million customers across 196 countries. JustAnswer is based in the Presidio and backed by Charles Schwab, Crosslink Capital and Glynn Capital Management.
Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together with regular happy hours, team offsites and amazing holiday parties (think renting out an island, taking over an arcade and cruising around the Bay on a chartered yacht). Perks include catered lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays, medical/dental/vision, 401K with matching and more. Best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!