KB Home is currently seeking an experienced leader to take on the role of Executive Vice President. This role will oversee many of the functional department leaders, while maintaining accountability and responsibility for the overall success of these teams and their contributions to the division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set quarterly goals and evaluate the division's performance and achievements. Responsible for the staffing and management in multiple disciplines
- Work with the Finance team to ensure positive profit/loss and to assist the creation and implementation of yearly budgets.
- Establish and maintain solid relationships with area land developers, home builders, developers, industry consultants and major contractors.
- Represent the division and/or company in local civic, political and industry activities in order to generate positive public relations opportunities.
- Responsible for communication within the division of company decisions, plans, and goals
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or higher
Experience: To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate would possess experience from a production home building company in either a Division Manager, Division President, Vice President or senior level leadership capacity.
- Solid understanding of residential homebuilding land acquisition and development, customer service and purchasing, knowledge of building codes, ability to oversee the construction team, an understanding of government processes and procedures as they relate to residential homebuilding, architecture, and centralized scheduling.
- The ability to hire and train new employees according to the KB Home model is critical, and an understanding and ability to maintain relationships with subcontractors is key.
- Any prior experience should be from a company producing at least 400 units annually.
- Must be knowledgeable in land and operational processes and have the ability to drive division's business plan as well as possess excellent communication skills, leadership traits and knowledge.