We are looking for a leader to:
- Be a client counselor on navigating the complex dynamics facing brands today (how to put purpose at the center of a brand story; how to activate your approach in substantive ways, etc.)
- Devise a Brand Purpose and Reputation go to market approach (positioning, up level awareness of our capabilities, reach new client prospects, etc.)
- Experience and understanding of digital and social strategies, in particular in areas of issues and crisis management
- Expand our footprint through smart partner strategies and strengthening our offering in key markets in the US (SF & NY) and Globally
- Grow our team of experts
Agency and Team Leadership
- Envision and build WE's Brand Purpose and Reputation business – from the development of a 3-year strategy plan, to the build-out of the collective services, team/skillsets and growth paths (partnerships, acquisitions, etc.).
- Collaborate and partner with global WE business leads to expand offerings globally.
- Act as an ambassador for the agency in public forums and networking opportunities to increase awareness of our capabilities and raise our profile in the brand purpose and reputation space.
- Maintain an active industry presence and stay current on market position, competitive set and future of communications.
- Develop a differentiated and relevant point-of-view – about communications and technology trends – that aligns to our brand and resonates globally. Effectively communicate our perspective with our global teams, clients and the industry through owned and earned channels.
- Cultivate relationships with range of influencers, from media, developers and analysts to enthusiasts, in order to develop a strong understanding of the landscape and a unique point-of-view regarding how clients can best engage these audiences.
Client and Business Management
- Act as a key advisor to senior clients on key issues impacting their company, their employees, customers and shareholders.
- Foster on-going, valuable relationships with influencers, serving as a critical connection between thought leaders, advocacy groups and client stakeholders.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of a range of societal and public policy issues effecting Fortune 500 brands, particularly in WE’s chosen sectors of Technology, Consumer and Healthcare.
- Infuse a data-driven approach to strategic communications planning and messaging to enable clients to act swiftly in dynamic environments.
- Advise on strategic communications proposals to advance and defend a client’s brand identity, improve corporate reputation, broaden awareness of its programs and commitments, and tell a cohesive global story across multiple audiences.
- Business acumen – capable of growing and managing a well-run client portfolio.
- Provide highest level strategic counsel/input. Architect the communications vision in partnership with clients; drive strategy and oversee business plan execution and delivery of measurable results. Ideate, develop, drive and create communications plans that achieve client and agency goals.
- Ensure high quality work is being delivered across all client business. Deliver great work for clients that exceeds their business goals, is creative and makes positive business impacts for the clients and agency.
- Actively involved in all aspects of P&L ownership including account profitability, account health, client service and billing, and team success.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Policy or similar applicable field is preferred
- At least 15 to 20 years of experience in Public Relations/Public Affairs – in an agency and/or corporate environment.
- Deep understanding of wide range of communications channels, tools and vehicles spanning paid, owned and earned platforms, including social platforms.
- A sense of urgency, the ability to deal with ambiguous situations, a strategic view but also willing to roll up your sleeves and dig in to the work to drive impact.
- Highly collaborative, diplomatic, ability to influence others, persuasive approach.
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations.
- Ability to travel frequently; around 40%.
- Significant success in leading and inspiring other senior leaders and cultivating and retaining large, cross-functional teams.