Under direction of the Sr. Regional Manager(s) and/or Director, Retail Operations, the Events Store Manager will manage several branded retail sales events referred to as “Pop Up Events” and “Flash Sales”. These events are designed to generate superior retail results and provide America’s best brands in Intimate Apparel and Activewear. The Events Store Manager will support the company’s outreach efforts to drive sales outside of the retail outlet environment. The role is responsible to plan, set up, execute, and tear down several sales events throughout the country. The Events Store Manager will supervise a staff to achieve the desired sales & event objectives.
- Proactively prepare and stage materials for all events. Determine the needs for each event, along with the set up and take down of all materials.
- Define tasks and allocate resources to properly staff each event. Create schedules and timelines to ensure each event/sale is executed successfully.
- Achieve event sales objectives supported by promotional activities, sales training, excellent customer service, and effective event planning.
- Trains staff on proper service techniques.
- Supervises staff in all phases of event activities to ensure successful events.
- Assume responsibilities for budget control, expense tracking, and reducing shrink.
- Ensures all merchandise is displayed and merchandised properly.
- Track deliverables and report results.
- Recognize problems/barriers and be able to present solutions for overcoming obstacles.
- Implement and manage change to meet event objectives.
- Build and manage effective internal relationships with the Retail Store Operations and Merchandising/Planning teams.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with broader cross-functional teams (Merchandising, Marketing, Creative, and Field Support) to drive results.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
College Degree or Equivalent experience. Event Planning & Management experiencerequired. 3-5 years of experience in high volume retail environments with leadership responsibilities. Experience with multi-store leadership preferred. Proven sales performance and ability to lead a team to achieve sales goals. Project management, including multiple simultaneous projects. Must have strong merchandising, selling, time management, decision making and problem solving skills. Able to work autonomously. Must have experience with conflict resolution and be adaptable to change. Demonstrated ability to handle diverse, demanding workloads in a fast-paced environment. Requires travel 90% of the time. Must be able to lift 50 pounds consistently, climb ladders, and use basic hand tools. Experience operating mechanical devices (pallet jacks, fork lifts, etc.) preferred or be willing to train in these skills. Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.