We are seeking an Events Manager that has a "swiss army knife" acumen in managing a diverse events portfolio and thrives in an agile work environment. He/she will be responsible for planning, executing and measuring a mix of AppFolio events including trade shows, our regional customer series, and other strategic corporate events. He/she will also have a critical supporting role with our Annual Customer Conference and Kickoff Summits, and be flexible in managing existing or developing events programs. The right candidate will be proficient in end to end events planning, from pre-event concepting/ideation and strategy to the post-event measurement analysis and reporting. Key elements of the job include managing program goals, ensuring target audience messaging/positioning, staying on brand, audience acquisition, lead generation, speaker plan, end to end logistics, collateral and content assets, event website and registration, onsite event management, attendee experience, and measuring the events business impact. Your core mission is to successfully execute events experiences that are unique and memorable, and help drive customer retention and pipeline.
The Events Manager will successfully collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams, including Product Marketing, Sales & Customer Success, Creative, Communications, Finance, Legal, Procurement, IT and must have experience in leadership team interaction. The right candidate will be a pro multi-tasker, fun to work with, able to problem solve and thrive in a fast paced environment, and adapt to business needs. The Events Manager will report directly to the Director, Events.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Partner with leadership and key stakeholders to help develop and manage event marketing plan for specifically assigned events.
- Execute event contracts, program allocation and invoicing in partnership with Events, Marketing Operations and Procurement Teams
- Partner with cross functional AppFolio leadership and teams to drive outcomes for each event attendee and staff for each event, based on the needs of specific event types
- Detailed coordination of end to end event logistics.
- Management of event schedule, including on-time delivery of high-volume of deliverables
- Support collection of appropriate event-related data to assist in post-event evaluations and reporting
- Expense/Cost tracking to ensure delivery within budget
- Active participation with the wider team to share knowledge, experience and with team-wide initiatives as needed.
- Partner with sales to create enablement materials and campaigns that create and accelerate revenue opportunities with attendees pre and post conference.
- Develop and execute event marketing campaigns, in conjunction with a holistic view of ongoing marketing calendar, to create an integrated, personalized experience for prospect and customer registrants and attendees
- Bridge offline and online presence through search, social, paid media, mobile, in-person events, etc. to create a consistent, nurturing experience across channels that generates excitement and engagement
- Analyze previous campaign, channel and customer data to inform planning and personalization strategies
- Work with Events Team to collaborate with external partners, identify opportunities to broaden and/or strengthen working relationships that drive greater demand generation effectiveness, reach and efficiency
- Support regional events and speaking opportunities, developing standards for and sourcing promotional campaigns, collateral, booth materials, and giveaways
- Work with cross-functional teams on projects dealing with media relations, business communications, success stories, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required (Marketing, Communications or a related field preferred)
- 5-8+ years of experience in corporate events including tradeshows, conference management, customer roadshows, executive and field events, and others
- 3-5+ years project and/or campaign management experience in B2B marketing
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven, with very strong project management and meticulous organizational skills
- Flexibility, and the agility to jump into (and between) projects as needed as well as possess the initiative to notice a need and offer assistance where applicable
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication aptitude and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic. Can easily wear multiple hats.
- The ability to form and develop productive relationships both within the company, external vendors or partners
- Domestic travel required 25-35%, must be flexible to work weekends and some evenings per the needs of the Events schedule/calendar.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, consistency and transparency
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong implementation ability
- Highly-responsive, attentive, and quick to react to new and urgent requests
- Keen ability to keep track of and manage minutiae in a dynamic environment
- Highly motivated, resourceful problem solver with a positive attitude, who is also calm under pressure and has a great sense of humor
- Technically proficient, familiar with Google Suite, Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau, Slack or similar tools are a plus.