The Event Program Director is part of a team responsible for all client, prospective client and employee events. The Event Program Director is expected to demonstrate ownership of planning high-touch events and display flawless execution of events in a professional manner. The position is both tactical and strategic, and the Event Program Director owns all aspects of the event end to end, from the event operations and communications to agenda development and onsite execution. This role is responsible for organizing different types of programs, from multi-day conferences to small dinners across the business lines and in various geographies. The ideal candidate will have experience managing events from 20 to 500 people, be excited to work in a collaborative team environment, and contribute creative ideas that improve the quality of each event.
- Own the planning, management, and delivery of high-quality programs, both in-person and virtual, including client conferences, networking events, internal events.
- Manage and oversee multiple events simultaneously.
- Act as a strategic consultant for business leads: translate business need into event plan, manage internal meetings, provide feedback and opinions on content and program based on experience, and provide regular reports and updates to internal stakeholders.
- Project management: develop timelines for events, manage event budget, collaborate with business leads on content, communications, business objectives, etc.
- Manage multiple vendors including venues, audio visual, DMCs, graphic designers, transportation, etc.
- Confidently negotiate contracts to the firm’s advantage.
- Own all aspects of program end to end: venue selection, audio visual, décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, invitation lists, promotion, internal and external speaker management, planning meetings, agenda development, etc.
- Create communications as needed for each event including invitations, confirmation letters, reminders, website copy, talking points, travel logistics, conference materials, etc.
- Create projects in CVENT (event management and email tool); creating invitations, registration, tracking attendance and generating reports.
- Ensure the firm’s brand standards for formatting are applied to all correspondence, presentations, and reports.
- Build relationships with other teams across the firm (Senior Leadership, Business Development, Investment Teams, Admin Assistants, IT, etc.).
- Communicate with clients and prospects in advance or after the events, and interface with them at events representing the firm in a professional manner.
- 12 or more years of experience in corporate event marketing and planning.
- Candidate should be comfortable taking ownership of projects and working both independently and in a collaborative team setting.
- Candidate must be personable, have the ability to effectively communicate with clients and all staff types, and must be able to interact in a service-oriented environment.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of investment industry is a plus, but not required, but interest in learning investment content is required.
- Ability to travel 35% of the time (some weekend travel included) and perform on site activities required.
- Candidate must be organized and having a keen attention to detail is necessary.
- Candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines in a fast-paced and sometimes pressured environment.
- Candidate must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations and be a problem solver.
- Candidate should bring an enthusiastic, can-do attitude to a highly productive team.
- Candidate must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point. Experience with CVENT is preferred.
- Must have an undergraduate degree.