Event Planner III (85852)
Responsible for planning and executing event logistics for internal, customer and partner facing events such as conferences, trade shows, corporate functions, leadership meetings, corporate-sponsored community events, and other activities of similar significance and scope. Manages assigned events from pre-event planning discussions through post-event results evaluation. Such activities may include the following as well as other duties as assigned:
- Plans, organizes, executes, and analyzes results of an event project for a large business segment.
- Works withinternal/external customers to identify and understand event goals and requirements.
- Creates individual event project plan, identifies key deliverables and milestones, and drives execution of the event to those milestones.
- Participates in event site selection. Conducts site/vendor/third-party visits as appropriate to identify particular event planning and execution requirements.
- Negotiates eventcontracts including amenities, hotel accommodations and special needs for the event and ensures all legal approvals are obtained.
- Develops and implements event registration processes, website and related activities to effectively distribute information and maximize participation.
- Provides project team leadership by engaging appropriate internal/external team resources, coordinating vendor/third-parties, outlining responsibilities and communicating event objectives.
- Provides on-site management of assigned events and work direction to extended internal/external team.
- Ensures eventbudget monies committed are clearly identified and effectively collected.
- Collects event feedback, conducts analysis and prepare an evaluation of each event. Utilizes event feedback for future event planning.
Job Level Specifications:
- Extensive knowledge and application of principles, theories and concepts. Complete knowledge of all job functions and the broad industry best practices, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of variables. Determines best method to achieve results and may make suggestions to improve policies and procedures.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction using independent judgment and discretion. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Work may be reviewed at a high level. Might supervise 1 - 2 individuals who provide tactical/operational support.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on projects or contracts. Interacts frequently with senior professionals and management and often has to coordinate the work between departments or organizations.
- Actions impact the organization. Failure to accomplish work or erroneous decisions will result in the inability to reach crucial organizational goals and may have a prolonged effect, as well as, result in the expenditure of substantial resources.
- Typically 6-9years with bachelor's or equivalent or 4-7years with master's
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company.