We’re looking for someone with the chops to manage our event operations and experiences, an important element of our marketing mix. This leader will develop an event strategy and operational platform to guide the flawless execution of all internal and external events and ensure our investment is strategic and high return. Soup to nuts…strategy to execution…branding to lead capture.
Who are you?
How our current and future customers experience our brand defines their impression of our product.
Details. Details. Details. The three pillars of every successful event manager are the individual’s ability to think through every aspect of the live experience. At Flexera we are looking for an individual that is passionate about this experience and is willing to take the extra step to think about every detail and the entire company strategy. Conference, tradeshow or company event... you will be responsible for the successful presence of Flexera.
What the role is all about…
Select, plan, design, develop, measure, and report on events. This position is essential to defining and executing Flexera’s event strategy for all events, even those managed through others on the marketing team. This is a global position, and spans all of our business lines. This position reports into the Global Director of Demand Generation
As the Manager of Events for Flexera, you’ll:
- Develop coordinated, enterprise-wide events strategy
- Set measurable objectives for events by type, size and location
- Oversee events measurement, including the design and operation of relevant dashboards and reports to forecast, measure, analyze and report on impact of events
- Develop an operational framework to select, manage and share our global events calendar
- Set eventinvestment criteria and ensure measurement for robust return analysis
- Manage Flexera events (physical and digital; internal and external) throughout the world
- Set measurable goals to track and reportevent effectiveness and ROI
- Develop processes to ensure all leads are transitioned, sales meetings are scheduled, and speaking engagements are properly attended
- Manage multiple events simultaneously, external vendors and suppliers
- Ensure clear and pre- / post-event logistic communication and event submission deadlines
- Secure space and production, organize catering, and facility needs for each event
- Manage all scheduling for customer meetings with senior leadership and sales teams
- Coordinate with marketing team to ensure promotion of attendance
- Oversee logistics on event days including set-up/breakdown, registration, facilitation of the senior leadership tour, and all customer service needs
- Partner with demand generation and field marketing teams to optimize integrated pre, during and post event engagement
- Research, identify and recommend potential events that align with business objectives
- Directly manage our global “top tier” internal and external events and work with field marketing to oversee operational consistency in regional event selection and implementation
EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- BA – in marketing or equivalent
- Certified Meeting Professional
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in strategizing, planning and executing events (Tradeshows, Conferences, Partner Events, Webinars, Lunch & Learns, Workshops, Speaking Engagements, and Company Events)
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communications skills; ability to work well with others and be an advisor to senior leadership to ensure flawless on-site execution
- Experience with B2B marketing technology, particularly event marketing tools
- Motivated self-starter, able to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment under high-pressure deadlines
- Experience managing project teams, agency partners and venue staff
- Able to provide several examples of how you executed marketing and sales-driven events (e.g. branding, project plans, etc.) and how it led to positive/measurable results for the business
- Ability to travel 40 - 50% is required for this position (domestic and international)