What you'll be doing…
The Internal Events team is responsible for supporting employee engagement initiatives across all departments. With a diverse portfolio of educational, informational, incentive, and community building programs, the Internal Events team is integral to creating and fostering a strong internal community of Data Rockstar's. As the Internal Events Manager, this role is responsible for managing and producing top quality events that supercharge the organization and enable employees to do the best work of their lives.
Some of the things you'll be doing include …
- Event Management
- Lead the development of comprehensive program overviews for all projects. This includes (but is not limited to) identifying key objectives, key performance indicators, program plans, timelines, owners, contributors and deliverables as needed for each project.
- Project manage and support the planning of the Global Sales kick-off, Global Marketing kick-off, Sales incentive trip and other events as needed to ensure projects deliver best in class employee experiences.
- Own and drive the development, tracking, updating and analysis of program budgets.
- Work cross-functionally with teams and departments to achieve milestones, maintain related websites and web content, and provide ownership of technology and event materials.
- Work with the creative team on design of presentation materials and resources for internal events (i.e. PowerPoint templates, event logos, spiff or giveaways for events, etc.).
- Ensure tasks, updates, project components, and owners are correctly assigned and on track.
- Help set and guide meeting agendas around key milestones, deadlines, and weekly objectives.
- Manage venue and vendor contract negotiations for each project assignment.
- Cross-Department Liaison and Relationship Development.
- Liaison to leadership and program stakeholders to develop strong relationships and understanding of organizational needs for internal events.
- Collaborates with event stakeholders, with specific emphasis on Sales and Marketing, to produce internal events that meet the needs of the departments.
- Ensures visibility to internal event programs, and calendars across the organization as needed.
- Collaborates with department stakeholders to build annual employee event strategies that provide holistic and engaging experiences that align to other department initiatives.
- Holistic Employee Experience Support.
- Assists leadership with annual planning to develop a robust internal event strategy.
- Monitors employee morale and engagement to accurately propose new initiatives or programs to support organization health.
- Assists departments with recommendations for smaller internal events to leverage event planning best practices and support a consistent employee experience.
Who you are…
- Experienced. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) • 5-7+ years relevant experience working on employee engagement and internal event programs.
- Domain. Knowledgeable about event planning and process specific to internal programs. Strong project management skills and proficient in building project management processes. Demonstrated understanding of budgeting and accounting best practices • Knowledgeable about design and print processes Demonstrated experience onboarding and managing event vendors. Knowledgeable about principles for community development, organizational health, and change management. Knowledgeable about adult learning principles. Knowledgeable about design and print processes. Demonstrated experience onboarding and managing event vendors.
- Excellent Communication. Strong communication and presentation skills. Proven ability in presentation and effective communication skills in formal and informal settings.
- Cross-Cultural Leadership. Strong relationship development capabilities across multiple teams and departments. Experience working with global virtual teams.
- Leader. Highly motivated leader with high energy, enthusiasm, and passion for Tableau business and supporting internal audiences.
- Go-Getter. Tableau Product knowledge or the ability to learn it quickly. Enthusiasm for a fast-growing, fast-changing environment. Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented. Nothing gets overlooked when it comes to you. Demonstrated understanding of budgeting and accounting best practices.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!