The Event Manager develops, formulates, manages, executes and directs all Events and Donor Relations activities undertaken by the Foundation. The Events Manager works directly with Foundation board leadership, president, development director, staff and volunteers to carry out these responsibilities, while developing and sustaining relationships with donors and potential donors in order to increase gifts.
- Consistently supports CHRISTUS Health's and CHRISTUS Foundation for HealthCare's mission, vision and values.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Responsible for planning and executing donor relations and donor acquisition events, activities and initiatives, including budget, correspondence, vendor contacts, volunteers, mailing lists, invitations, programs, décor and additional printed products as it relates to donor relations.
- Develops, cultivates and manages a portfolio of donors and donor prospects for gifts and works closely with Foundation staff to develop effective strategies for each. Reports prospect activities and strategies on a regular timetable.
- Develops/conducts ongoing related activities for donor relations such as; donor appreciation activities, donor clubs and club events (including donor friends).
- Identifies prospects and cultivates gifts, donations and sustentative contributions for the Foundation's programs. Prospects will include annual giving and special event donors. Will be responsible to strategize donor support which may include direct mail, telephone and personal solicitation.
- Develop and implement a cultivation and stewardship strategy in collaboration with Database Research Specialist after special events to engage event attendees to become donors.
- Develops and presents funding requests to constituents for gifting opportunities. Included grant writing and stewardship reports.
- Assists with any Capital Campaign undertaken by the Foundation, and ultimately shares in the successes of the Campaign through direct cultivation and fundraising efforts.
- Maintains a collaborative working relationship with the Foundation constituencies, Board members and Healthcare System individuals.
- Attends Committee meetings, where appropriate, and special functions of the Ministries and Healthcare System.
- Participates in strategic planning and goal setting with the Board of Directors and Foundation staff.
- Provides activity reports to the Foundation's President on an established or requested basis reflecting personal activities, plans and goals.
- Represents the Foundation at other community service organization and community groups.
- Assists with other departmental functions and projects as needed.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: A. Education/Skills:
Bachelordegreerequired or equivalent workexperience non-profit donor relations/fundraising. Outstanding verbal, written and organizational skills. Self-starter, social poise and high level of maturity. Ability to work well with others and possess a team spirit and attitude. Requires versatility, imagination and as a well-oriented individual. Demonstrate a highdegree of interpersonal skills. Demonstrate appropriate computer technology skills (working knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, DesktopPublishing and familiarity with Adobe applications). Additionally, the individual will understand and demonstrate being knowledgeable in current communication technology and trends, such as; Facebook,Twitter, Texting, Evite, Constant Contact, YouTube, etc., and, stay abreast of any new technology advances in communications for donor cultivation. B.Experience
- 5years in fund raising development and event planning and preferably in the Houston area or equivalent experience in a non-profit organization preferred.
- 5years' experience in donor relations with demonstrated abilities in organic growth and goal achievement preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: