Position Title : Event Monitoring
Location : Plano, TX
Job Type : Full time
Must have skills*
· 5-7yrs of experience
· Working/basic technical skills in the following Monitoring tools like Introscope, Sitescope, Splunk, etc.,
· ITIL process (Incident management, Problem management, Event management)
· Unix / shell scripts
· Oracle/Any RDBMS (optional)
The Event Management(EM) Production Support Analyst is responsible for monitoring batch jobs, servers, applications, routine data validation, SLAs, respond to monitoring event alerts, engage/escalate to Application Management team as needed, etc., in the Control Function Technology(CFT) Shared Services organization. To perform this function, the EM Production Support Analyst performs daily tasks assigned by the EM Production Support Lead.
These tasks are aligned to the key services outlined for the Service Operations Event Management Team.
• Ensure all the batch failures/events are logged in the target Event Management system
• Ensure Batch jobs meet SLA and escalate appropriately
• Ensure Batch jobs and Database performance is within agreed performance levels
• Responsible for owning batch failures/alerts and attempt to resolve them or assign the alerts to the appropriate group/individuals
• Monitors and track Batch and Database related alerts which require some action to be taken.
• Attempts to resolve Batch and Database related alerts based on playbook
• Identifies appropriate owner for alerts which require additional action
• Ensure all the events are logged in the target Event Management system
• Responsible for owning UI and Middleware related alerts and attempt to resolve them or assign the alerts to the appropriate group/individuals
• Monitors and track UI and Middleware related alerts which require some action to be taken.
• Attempts to resolve UI and Middleware related alerts based on playbook
• Identifies appropriate owner for alerts which require additional actions