Diversified Communications is hiring an Event Director to lead the strategic direction of The Running Event and Accountex USA and associated products, to manage key employees, develop and deliver budgets, and maximize long term growth opportunities.
- Strategic Leadership: Strategic planning for events and products, managing the product lifecycle, overseeing key business initiatives, identifying new opportunities and maximizing growth opportunities. This position is specifically responsible for The Running Event, Best Running Stores in America, Running Insight, Accountex Report and Accountex USA. The position takes full ownership over the Accountex portfolio after the 2019 event (9/5-9/6/19).
- Decision Making: Responsible for high-level strategic business decisions that impact multipleproducts, operations, and teams.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Responsible for developing and delivering event and product budgets and revenue, profit and growth goals.
- People Management: Leadership responsibilities for multiple teams/employees. Develops and retains key talent, effectively manages personnel issues.
- Key Business Relationships: Key point of contact for senior-level key customers, vendors, and associations that are critical to business operations, directly managing these relationships and making business decisions that involve them. Responsible for ensuring the team delivers a highlevel of customer satisfaction and flawless service levels.
- Tactical Work: Works with teams as needed on executing action items.
- Revenue Growth: Always looking at opportunities for growing this business further. New partnerships, events, products & services. Create a business plan for any launches.
- Transparency: Work with Group VP to deliver weekly reports around performance to goal, address issues/concerns as they arise.
Knowledge: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field, 5+ years of industry experience
Skills: Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation, leadership, networking and financial management skills. Experience in managing key business partnerships, developing and executing new product launches, and acquisition integration.
Abilities: Managing growth and change, listening to, and understanding customers and needs in the market, adept at handling multiple priorities and providing direction and oversight to key functional reporting areas. Sees the bigger picture and helps team members understand how their role plays a part in delivering results and success.