About the job:
The TI Corporate brand communications team is looking for an experienced tradeshow and event manager with 7-10 years of experience planning corporate events and tradeshows. This position will manage a small event and tradeshow team and will also serve as the lead for major corporate events such as leadership offsite planning retreats, internal conferences and large tradeshows including international. The position requires cross-business collaboration with an eye for details and process management.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a confident, experienced, take-charge professional with ability to manage relationships, vendors, logistics and financial and administrative tasks. The ability to travel (30-40%) is required and the candidate must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed during heavy planning periods.
As the event and tradeshow manager, this individual will have numerous responsibilities including:
• Responsible for planning and executing all executive events (such as senior leadership retreats, leadership conferences etc.) which requires poise, confidence and comfort in working with executives and senior leaders
• Serve as the lead for major internal and external events as assigned from start to finish
• Negotiate hotel and tradeshow contracts, arrange food and beverage, audio visual, equipment and signage, order tradeshow services
• Conduct research on event sites, potential tradeshows, giveaways, etc.
• Create and revise room layouts or tradeshow floor plans
• Work with vendors, secure estimates, and finalize billing at close of show or event
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
• Prepare event packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
• Prepare event and tradeshow estimates, track expenses and prepare actuals at completion
• Schedule events on the appropriate calendars and internal systems
• Create registration sites using SharePoint or Cvent
• Analyze event results and report findings
• Manage a small event and tradeshow team and assign work as appropriate to team members
• Ensure that sufficient resources and infrastructure is available to execute events and shows and assigns tasks to guarantee success
• Bachelor’s degree required; CMP or CTSM strongly preferred
• 7-10 years event and tradeshow experience preferably with a larger organization
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills and presenting
• Highly skilled in project management and problem solving
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once with excellent organization skills and little supervision
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills while demonstrating professionalism
• Experience managing executive-level meetings and familiarity with retreat venues suitable for senior leadership events
• Calm demeanor and ability to manage stressful situations with ease
• Ability to travel (some international) 30-40%
Other job requirements:
• Ability to think on your feet and quickly adapt to any issues that arise during events or tradeshows
• Ability to lead a team, constructively coach and develop talent; innate desire for operational excellence
• Ability to handle a variety of events and shows simultaneously
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to effectively influence across org boundaries
• Desired software/system skills: Microsoft Office/Outlook; Excel; Cvent, Asana