Evaluations Program Manager - Public Health Sciences, Social Sciences
5 - 7 years experience • Healthcare IT
- About Us ›
Evaluations Program Manager - Public Health Sciences, Social Sciences | PHS-Social Sciences
Job Title:Evaluations Program Manager - Public Health Sciences, Social SciencesJob ID:23956Full/Part Time:Full-TimeRegular/Temporary: RegularJob Category: Professional / ManagementLocation:Winston-Salem, NC North Carolina
Evaluations Program Manager - Public Health Sciences, Social Sciences. 32 hours per week.
Identify key stakeholders in tobacco control policy in the Southeastern US. Prepare a policy gap and opportunity analysis aligned with the Framework Convention for Tobacco Control. Work with stakeholders to develop strategic plan for a program project to reduce /eliminate to tobacco-induced disparities.
Job Summary: The Wake Forest Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) is a unified research organization designed to provide innovative, efficient, and sustainable infrastructure that accelerates the translation of discoveries to improve health. Its Academic Programs and Biomedical Research Services and Administration components support faculty and staff conducting research at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center through the provision of creative tools and services while maintaining the highest standards for conducting safe and ethical research. This position will be part of the Evaluation and Continuous Improvement Program, which aims to: 1) support continuous improvement in the quality and efficiency of CTSI activities; and 2) collaborate with a national network to use state-of-the-art evaluation and continuous improvement strategies that will improve the quality, efficiency, and impact of translational activities network-wide.
Specifically, the Evaluation Program Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Evaluation and Continuous Improvement Program. This individual will: 1) be responsible for organizing and fielding assessments and evaluations within the purview of the Program; 2) contribute substantively to the design of evaluation processes; 3) conduct interviews and facilitate focus groups; 4) conduct a portion of the qualitative and quantitative analyses of evaluation and assessment data; 5) create and adapt data collection systems; 6) participate in the accurate collection of evaluation data for all CTSI programs; and 7) ensure the appropriate and timely dissemination of evaluation data to all committees, stakeholders, funding agencies, and systems.
Education / Experience: Master's degree in a discipline relevant to evaluation A minimum of 5 years of direct experience conducting and/or overseeing evaluation, preferably in the health care sector. Knowledge and experience of program evaluation principles, theories, concepts, and practices. Demonstrated expertise in successfully designing and carrying out quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation processes. Preferred Attributes: Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with a large and diverse constituency. Strong orientation towards collaboration and support of a scientific team atmosphere. Outstanding organizational skills are necessary to manage many competing timetables and responsibilities. Ability to think strategically, remaining focused on goals and objectives. Ability to analyze information, summarize findings, and present them in ways easily understandable to decision-makers. Demonstrated ability in designing and manipulating data using a computer database. Understanding of statistical principles and methods for data analysis.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: n/a
1. Develop, implement, and monitor evaluation plans addressing logic models, strategic and program evaluation questions, data collection methods, analysis, and reporting.
2. In collaboration with leadership, develop outcome indicators that will be used to monitor progress towards goals.
3. Develop data collection policies and practices and monitor uniform data collection compliance and quality across programs and the institution.
4. Assist in the design and conduct of data entry, data management, and data analyses activities, in collaboration with other team members.
5. Support CTSI programs by using data to improve programs and respond to user needs.
6. Develop and prepare internal reports of status, progress, and outcomes of evaluation activities.
7. Provide clear and useful reports to steering committees, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders to support ongoing evaluation and continuous improvement initiatives.
8. Develop internal and external relationships to assure access and links with other data systems.
9. Keep current regarding funding requirements for data collection and reporting and put into place local methods to ensure reliable, accurate compliance, which reflect service activities.
10. Conduct research and analysis of issues as requested, including preparation of reports, white papers, and journal publications recommendations and other materials.
11. Identify and develop training on the overall evaluation and data management process as well as ensure proper training for faculty and staff responsible for input and management processes.
12. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Job ID: 23956