The Evaluation Advisor will be an integral part of the AARP Research Consumer Insights team, providing oversight and support on evaluation-related projects, and driving an agenda of developing effective research practices and processes for evaluating the impact of AARP programs, products, services, etc. This position reports to the Vice President of Consumer Insights, but will work closely with Directors and Senior Research Advisors.
- Works across our Consumer Insights teams to provide expertise, leadership, and management for evaluation-related projects
- Develops rubrics, methods, tools, and processes for evaluation – both formative and summative – that can be used to scale our approach to assessing our impact
- Draws lessons and communicates best practices from evaluation studies and impact assessments
- Coordinates and works on projects with other areas of AARP that also gather evaluation-related data (e.g., Programs and Foundation)
- Works with our Data Analytics & Performance Management (DAPM) group to develop standards and metrics for impact evaluation that can be scaled for the organization
- Manages external research and evaluation consultants
- Works closely with key internal AARP partners, such as the AARP Foundation, DAPM, and Enterprise Strategy teams to develop best practices in assessing impact and conducting evaluations across the life cycle of programs, products, and services.
- Master’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, education, program evaluation, or other relevant field. Ph.D. preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working in the field of research and evaluation.
- Experience leading or serving as a key technical team member for multiple evaluations. The preferred candidate will have experience with both formative and summative evaluations.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Experience in utilizing social media to build visibility and accessibility is strongly preferred.
- Solid project managementexperience for evaluation work.
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and work accurately in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Partnering skills with key stakeholders.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and collaborate across teams.
- Ability to take initiative, willingness to learn, and be flexible.
- Experience writing and managing grants or other evaluation funding is preferred.