Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 100 days ago
This position requires a self-motivated, capable person with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, have strong customer relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise, and be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner. The individual must share our passion for our Nation's Space Program and share in the excitement of developing the next human-rated space vehicles.
Job responsibilities include:
• Design and develop embedded software for spacesuit micro-controllers.
• Perform systems engineering in support of software interface definitions, design, and performance analysis.
• Perform software integration, test, and verification.
• Integrate and test software/hardware in avionics test bed and flight certification environments.
• Collaborate with engineering teams and contractors across multiple NASA programs and projects.
• Ensure adherence to JSC standard software process practices.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen for access to USG facilities.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related disciplines and 10 years of related work experience
• At least five years of experience in embedded software development for safety-critical software.
• Strong C programming skills and experience with Linux.
• Strong technical skills in Real-time software applications, and bus communication (e.g., 1553, RS-422, RS-232, LVDS, USB).
• Must have significant experience in the entire software life cycle.
• Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Requires the ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
• Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related disciplines.
• Experience with Atmel AVR micro-controllers.
• Experience with VxWorks.
• Experience with NASA Core Flight Software (CFS).
• Experience with GitLab and the git version control system.
• Experience developing and troubleshooting device drivers.
• C++ and Python development skills.
• Familiarity with human-rated space systems (e.g., ISS)