LIFE AT BRP
We create innovative ways to move – on snow, water, asphalt. In the air, on the ground and everywhere in between.
Built on a 75-year tradition of ingenuity and intensive customer focus, BRP is headquartered in the Canadian town of Valcourt, Quebec and operates manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Finland, and Austria. We have a total workforce of more than 14 500 driven, resourceful people.
Our portfolio of industry-leading and distinctive products includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am on- and off-road vehicles, Alumacraft, Manitou, Quintrex, Stacer and Savage boats, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and recreational aircraft. We support our lines of product with a dedicated parts, accessories and clothing business to fully enhance your riding experience.
Because it’s not about the destination. It’s about the journey. Yours.
We are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve within an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
- To showcase your sense of innovation
- To work in an environment where collaboration is an important value
- To be part of a team that is passionate about new technologies and leading BRP's transition towards the electrification of its products
THIS POSITION MAINLY CONSISTS OF ...
- Contribute to the development and vehicle integration of electric propulsion components, namely but not limited to drive unit and charger.
- Component design of complex parts with integrated lubrication and cooling systems, as well as large numbers of internal and external vehicle interfaces.
- Develop system components, from design to production, and ensure these components are continually improved once they are operational.
- Develop the vision that will guide systems development as part of the special project.
- Contribute to setting performance criteria, developing validation plans for each system and ensuring plan execution.
- Carry out the studies, analyses and calculations that will guide designer technicians and project developers in their work, based on general and specific technical parameters.
- Participate in dynamic assessments of in-development vehicles and take any action required to improve systems.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the relevant subsystems are designed with appropriate requirements.
YOU WERE BORN FOR THIS JOB IF:
- You have the ability to work in a project start‑up environment with objectives that are in the process of being defined.
- You are skilled at working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- You detain a bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering and have a minimum of 5 years of experience in product design.
- You demonstrate strong interest in driving and designing recreational & performance vehicles.
- You have experience in product architecture and with a full development cycle, from prototyping to production.
- You have the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams: mechanics, electrical, control systems and design.
- You master French and English (written and spoken);
- You have experience in powertrain dimensioning and understand power conversion calculations.
- You have acquired good knowledge of the operation and construction of various mechanical and electrical systems for motor vehicles.
- You have a good understanding of mechanics, tolerancing and material resistance principles.
- You have a particular interest in implementing predictive calculation tools in the assigned fields of specialization.
- You know how to find innovative solutions that optimize system reliability and costs.