We are looking for ETL Test Lead for our client in ?????Cincinnati, OH
Job Title: ETL Test Lead
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Evaluate and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user and business analyst requirements and conform to organizational guidelines as outlined by quality assurance and development initiatives;
- Recommend improvements and/or corrections to developers;
- Identify differences between established standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards;
- Set up test cases and scenarios, with user input and based upon test cases and standards set forth by the QA manager to locate and correct program operating errors, development bugs, and proper adherence to work flow of business processes as defined by business analysts and users.
- Review requirements and design documents to ensure adequate understanding to develop test cases.
- Develop product based testing strategies
- Determine test environment and test data requirements
- Develop test plans and cases based on various levels of requirements details
- Estimate effort required to perform QA activities
- Document and elevate risks when appropriate
- Educate others outside of QA on the value of a structured QA approach
- Mine for data, backend validation, and perform data quality analysis via SQL, Toad, Powercenter and Informatica DVO.
- Must be able to communicate with leads regarding project readiness, status and potential risks.
- Collaborates with developers to improve overall quality by emphasizing defect prevention through the development process.
- Develops data quality test plans and manually executes test cases.
- Ability to formulate a solid test approach/strategy using a variety of sources ranging from well documented requirements specifications to loosely defined requirements.
- Experience in breaking tasks down, estimating timelines, and delivering quality results on time.
- Ability to analyze root cause of a problem and demonstrate good sense when handing the problem over to development.
- Tracks defects in Rally to ensure appropriate management and escalation of defects.
- Coordinate defect resolution and retesting.
- Develops and provides insights into streamlining processes.
- Document status and final reports for QA activities