Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Kemper is seeking a senior-level Informatica ETL Technical Lead / Architect for our office in downtown Chicago, IL or Jacksonville, FL.
- Ownership of ETL/ Data Warehouse projects and responsible for timely deliveries of work items
- Leads all technical and architectural aspects of ETL projects from Requirement till Implementation.
- Translate conceptual system requirements into technical data and integration requirements
- Provides input to continuously improve ETL process discipline and resulting output quality
- Leads in tuning of ETL processes and database performance
- Develop and maintain relationships with business customers to identify and develop additional data and reporting needs
- Provides guidance to ETL Developers
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Should have minimum 5+ years of experience with Informatica ETL tool suite (IICS, PowerCenter etc.)
- Should have minimum 3+ years of experience with Data Warehouse (Preferably - Cloud based databases like Snowflake, Redshift)
- Should have minimum 1+ years of experience on Cloud based platform (preferably – AWS)
- Good understanding of Data Modeling, Data Warehouse, Data Catalog and Metadata Management concepts and tools.
- Ability to lead and manage a small team of ETL developers.
- Experience in working on Agile projects.
- Insurance industry experience a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving and quantitative skills
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to work with multiple vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent