We are looking for ETL / Mechanical Engineer Technician for our client in Palm Bay, FL
Job Title: ETL / Mechanical Engineer Technician
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Candidate will be responsible for the setup and execution of product testing in the Environmental Test Lab in buildings 9 and 10.
- Activities include the handling and manipulation of extreme high value hardware, installation of instrumentation such as thermocouples and accelerometers, programming of test chamber computer control systems, monitoring of data acquisition systems, monitoring/controlling chamber/shaker performance, and various maintenance activities to support general laboratory operations.
- This position requires occasional weekend, off-shift, and overtime work. Skills such as automotive or marine system maintenance, HVAC repair, electrical/power systems installation/maintenance, or military aircraft or naval equipment experience are considered as positive.
- Any directly applicable experience with thermal, humidity, vacuum, vibration, or shock test systems is highly desirable.
- Frequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 40 pounds during testing of hardware. Extensive on-the-job training will be given regardless of experience level.
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team. This position requires significant interaction with the lab engineering department, internal customers, external customers, and end-users of Products.
- Basic Professional attitude and excellent verbal/written communication skills are a must.
- Must be able to interpret numerical readings and accurately calculate values using basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, order of operations, percentages, averages, and scientific notation. Daily schedule and task flexibility with minimal notice is an absolute requirement.
Preferred additional skills:
- COMSEC/CCI and Secret / SBI / EBI clearance, a working understanding of Environmental test specifications (MIL-Std-810) are a plus.