Role: ETL (Informatica) Developer
Location: Foster City, CA
Length: 6mo +extensions (ongoing need)
Interview Process: Technical phone screens, then in-person (Local Only)
MUST know Informatica, Oracle EBS, and Trackwise
- Developing and maintaining the interfaces and data extracts from business source systems into the enterprise reporting systems using Informatica tool.
- Design and write programs and scripts required to extract, transform, clean and move data from the business systems into the PDMI data warehouse/data mart.
- Participate in requirement meetings with Business Analysts to understand analytical content needs.
- Assist in documenting these requirements, resolving ambiguities and conflicts, and ensuring requirements are complete.
- Work with end-users to help identify issues and to refine requirements.
- Develop detailed ETL specifications based on business requirements.
- Analyze functional specifications and assist in designing effective technical solutions.
- Identify data sources and works with source system developers, SMEs, and business owners to define data extraction methodologies.
- Work with Data / Data Warehouse Architect on logical and physical model designs.
- Work with Data Modeler to develop data warehouse models, design specifications, metadata process and documentation
- Utilize the Informatica ETL application and analyze data necessary to resolve issues uncovered and related to source data.
- Define, develop, document and maintain Informatica ETL mappings and scripts.
- Define, develop, document and maintain procedural and SQL programs.
- Develop ETL test plans and tests the ETL code following ETL standards and architecture.
- Assist in the development, execution and documentation of system and integration test plans.
- Perform ETL / Informatica tuning as well as SQL tuning.
- Optimize Informatica code performance and processing methods.
- Perform design validation, reconciliation and error handling in the load process (initial, incremental).
- Update and maintains ETL Metadata.
- Provide input into standards and best practices for code development.
- Write technical specifications and updates release documentation to reflect technical modifications.
- Perform impact analysis for systems/database modifications.
- Assist with and promotes continuous quality improvement throughout the lifecycle.