IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM is seeking a Lead ETL Informatica Architect who will:
- Gather business requirements and interaction with business and IT teams.
- Identifies, designs, codes, debugs tasks necessary to develop Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions.
- Writes code that can be easily maintained/reused/tested by others, by adhering to coding standards and including detailed code documentation.
- Works with QA personnel to develop and carry out test plans to ensure that Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions are of the highest possible quality.
- Works with database personnel to design logical/physical database models to support present/future Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI needs.
- Develops database triggers and SQL queries needed inside the ETL Informatica.
- Develops clear, detailed technical and user documentation that will facilitate support for developed Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions.
- Takes a leadership role in the team environment; encourages, coaches and mentors team members in acquiring the technical and behavioral skills needed to effectively produce Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions.
- Inspires and motivates team members to set high standards of excellence and commitment to a common goal.
- Participates in the ongoing support and problem resolution of developed Data Warehouse and ETL Solutions.
- Responds appropriately to urgent technical support situations and procedures with quick and effective solutions to business problems. This includes after hours work as needed.
- Participates in design and code reviews with managers, peers and involved business personnel.
- Acquires knowledge of existing Cartus systems and the underlying business processes they support.
- Identifies potentially reusable objects in current Data Warehouse/Mart & ETL BI Solutions.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 1 year experience as an ETL Informatica Architect
- Minimum 5 years experience in ETL Informatica Developer.
- Minimum 3 years experience in RDBMS (such as DB2, Oracle and so on)
- Minimum 5 years experience in performance tuning database objects and SQL statements.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- A minimum of a BS or BA in Computer Science, information systems, or related experience.
- Experience leading ETL development team.
- Familiarity or aptitude for Informatica Administration responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at different levels of the organization.