ETL / ELT Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Discovery Health Partners is looking for a Senior ETL/ELT Engineer to work at Itasca, IL corporate office. This is a full-time position.
This professional will be responsible for supporting the company’s payment integrity applications, database and reporting needs. Primary responsibilities will be to analyze, design, develop, implement and maintain technical solutions in AWS using data warehouse technologies, SQL Server 2016 with sharding, distributed cache solution, PostgreSQL, SSIS, and ETL solutions (Athena, HIVE, Hadoop clusters with Spark, Zeplin).
- Assist in creating technical solutions to satisfy business requirements through database and application design and development.
- Lead data modeling and requirements analysis efforts.
- Debug and optimize enterprise distributed database-driven applications.
- Create backup and archiving strategies for big data stored in various formats (files, SQL and NoSQL databases, etc.)
- Assist in the development of database and application interfaces between various hardware and/or software systems.
- Create data integration and technical solutions around Microsoft SQL Server, AWS RedShift and HBase, Redis, Hadoop, Athena.
- Create and maintain various data import/export processes using ETL/ELT solutions such as SQL Server Integration Services, and HIVE/Spark.
- Assist technical and business analyst in the preparation of the data analysis materials.
- Participate in application design discussions and the change management process.
- Apply a high standard of customer service when interacting with all levels of staff.
- Responsible for maintaining technical documentation to support new and existing solutions.
- Assist with other special projects or related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+years ofexperience indatabases and development environments in a corporate IT environment including:
- Solid understanding of SQL vs NoSQL technologies (ACID vs Base)
- Experience in development of data driven systems using ETL/ELT frameworks
- Ability to create and troubleshoot complex T-SQL through stored procedures and views
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Windows and Linux OS
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of users and management
- Proficient in SQL Management Studio 2005/2008/2012/2016, and SQL Profiler
- Good understanding of SSIS Packages and third party components (Fuzzy lookup, Slow Changing Dimensions, XML, CSV files, FTP, etc.)
- Great understanding of map-reduce algorithms and tools such as Hadoop
- Comfortable reading and interpreting XML and JSON
- Experience with developing data models (conceptual, physical and logical) which describe data elements, their relationships and how they are used
- Ability to understand data principles, data structure options and able to analyze existing data/structure to produce complex data mapping
- Ability to estimate design and development efforts of complex solutions
- Strong AWS experience, including platform and infrastructure (S3, EBS, RDS, etc.)
- Good in scripting (Bash, Python/Ruby/Go/Java/R).
4+ years of experience in MS SQL databases and development environments in a corporate IT environment
Tracking Code 499-124