Job ID 2018-48720
Symphony Health Solutions is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
At Symphony Health Solutions we pride ourselves on being Collaborative and customer centric. We do this by focusing on five key values:
- Love the Customer by consistently exceeding expectations
- Focus on Brilliant Execution by being detailed and accountable
- Leapfrog the Competition by Differentiating ourselves and providing innovative solutions
- Build a High Performance Culture that does not accept mediocrity
- Make it Fun by Connecting as one passionate high-energy team.
Connect with Symphony! Collaborate with Customers! Differentiate Yourself!
The ETL Developer will work closely with Production, Development, and Operational areas to resolve technical issues, perform root cause analysis, develop continuous engineering improvements and foster stakeholder relationships. The successful candidate will be a multi-tasking self-starter with a keen ability to prioritize and lead efforts to solve issues effectively. Must have experience with ETL, Linux, Oracle, Informatica, SQL and the flexibility to work outside standard business hours. Pharma data knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to Design, Develop and Test ETL jobs using Informatica Big Data Edition and Syncsort DMX products.Support the change control process making judgments as to when a push-forward or rollback decision should be made as necessary.
- Knowledge and experience on Big Data concepts and technologies like Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Impala, and Kudu
- Experience in Shell scripting and Python for automation of ETL related tasks.
- Ability to write medium to complex queries for data validation in Hadoop and Oracle environments.
- Experience in building ETL component with Spark.
- Experience in debugging issues, resolving performance issues and coordination with external teams (as needed) until successful resolution of issues.
- 4-year degree in information technology, computer science or a related field. Equivalent work experience or technical certifications will be considered.
- Min 5+yrs of experience working on ETL with various technologies like Informatica Big Data Edition and Synsort DMX product.
- Preferred Tech Stack: Informatica BDE, Synsort DMX, Big data technologies, Shell scripting, Python, Spark, Scala, Redshift, Oracle, and SQL.
- Some experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- AutoSys knowledge is a plus
- Pharma Data knowledge is a plus