- Complete and oversee basic to complex systems analysis, design and development efforts. Play a key role as a technical lead or individual contributor on complex projects. Maintain an excellent technical understanding of the supported application(s).
- Prepare and review test data and execute detailed test plans. Complete any required debugging. Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms. Provide highly analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives.
- Prepare thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and update systems documentation. Prepare charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems. Review documentation prepared by less experienced staff.
- Prepare and review assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
- Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications.
- Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. Lead or participate in technical evaluations of vendor software.
- Follow and promote use of development standards and procedures.
- Recommend new technology and related policies or processes to enhance applications and ensure technical support provided clients is efficient and effective to meet internal and external customer needs. Provide technical feedback to internal application owners on current or proposed vendor software, including what the application does or the extent it supports predefined business needs.
- Complete status reports on system changes; present project, status or activity-related information to senior management to ensure their awareness of pertinent issues and that the technology portfolio is efficiently and effectively supporting applications that meet business needs of the Bank.
- Identify performance and effectiveness enhancement opportunities and recommend new policies and procedures that support improvement.
- Assist in developing expense and capital budgets.
- Monitor employee performance and may participate in annual appraisal and development plans.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties or projects as required, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or business study activities.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The position works under supervision of Technology management. The jobholder is competent to work independently on all high level systems analysis and technical phases of development. The position is capable of managing the activities of others on any scope project and often leads project activities. The jobholder monitors staff performance on assigned projects related to their overall abilities and effectiveness in completing projects within schedules. The position participates in the development of less experienced staff. The position interacts with senior management, other technology personnel, clients and vendors. The jobholder provides backup to higher management as required and may be called on to serve as technical representative on committees, ad-hoc projects, etc. The position advocates new initiatives and demonstrates support of senior management decisions and direction.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum of an Associate's degree and 8 years' systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 10 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 8 years' systems analysis/application development experience
ETL, Informatica , SQL Required 8 years writing and executing at various levels of SQL Testing. Experience in creating automation testing for SQL, continuous integration, and on demand releasing
Expert in analyzing/validating data load/migration/integration and ETL testing
Strong in QA/ testing methodologies
Experienced in planning, handling UAT, regression testing in Data/ ETL environment
Complex backend SQL testing
ETL Testing (SSIS preferred, or Informatica, etc.)
Education and Experience Preferred:
Familiar with multiple programming languages - .NET, J2EE, SQL, Oracle
Good understanding of the Bank's application framework
Extensive application and product knowledge experience with skills, application(s) and functions of technology area led
Subject Matter Expert understanding of applications supported with an advanced knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications
Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities from a project management perspective
Experience with skills, application(s) and functions of technology area
Aware of the Bank's business plan and strategic objectives with the ability to shape direction
Mastered knowledge and focus of the entire system and support projects outside of normal business-as-usual (BAU)
Able to motivate others
Ability to handle multiple tasks