EAB our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Production Support Engineer *LI
Role is based in Richmond, VA.
- Ensure recurring data refreshes and client deliverables are meeting Service Level Agreement (SLA) by coordinating across cross-functional teams like Development, IT, Client Services, Client Managers, Product Management, Technical Operations etc.
- Responsible for monitoring the Production Status, and ensure the ETL process works as expected; Ensure a quick/thorough resolution on all incidents and tasks
- Responsible for triaging all the client reported issues/bugs by looking into the RUBY code and providing root cause analysis
- Multitask across client projects and ensure hand offs between teams involved in end to end data refresh process is tight and coordinated
- Analyze member data stored under Hadoop file system and extract data from multiple locations using Apache Hive SQL's
- Implement and maintain Postgres and Oracle database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers etc.
- Work with Member Support Team (Tier-1) in identifying and providing root cause analysis for issues related to Exchange integration.
- Re-design/modify existing Informatica/SQL/UNIX code to resolve data issues
- Work with onshore/offshore support teams to analyze, develop and improve the ETL nightly schedules as well as produce accurate defect free code for multiple projects
- Track deadlines, record status in tickets and keep all stakeholders informed of data refresh progress and risks
- Responsible for the daily operational support and incident management of Single Sign-On (SSO) services
- Work with Member Support Team (Tier-1) in identifying and providing root cause analysis for issues related to Exchange integration
- Identify bottlenecks and risks in meeting deadlines and follow up on action items required to mitigate it
- Design dashboards and reports as applicable to track progress and SLA compliance
- Responsible for identifying gaps in process, documentation and procedures for data refresh and contribute to efforts necessary for smooth functioning of production operations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or technology related field
- 4+ years of professional experience in a development or production support role
- 4+ years of professional experience using Unix shell scripts and SQL
- 4+ years of experience working with ticketing systems like JIRA, Salesforce or others
- 2+ years of professional web development experience in an Agile environment
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Experience with JAVA/Ruby coding
- Experience with monitoring tools like New Relic, Splunk etc.
- Experience with any of the BI reporting tools and at least one ETL tool, preferably Informatica
- Experience working with log analysis tools (Log entries/Compose)
- Strong organizational, documentation, metric and trend analysis reporting skills and desire for continuous process improvements
- Manage changing priorities and meet tight timelines. Can work under pressure, manage competing priorities and work independently with minimal oversight
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Strong communication skills at all levels of stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- Flexible with time to provide after hours and weekend support to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to be on call (on a rotational basis)
- Experience or familiarity with Agile Development
- Experience or familiarity with Project management tools like Clarizen, Microsoft Project or others
- Experience or familiarity with Hadoop and Big Data concepts
- Proven record of accomplishment in solution focused problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in an in a rapidly changing environment where documentation for job execution are not yet fully fleshed out
- An eye for improving technical and business processes with proven experience authoring documentation
- Experience working in Onsite/Offshore or 24/5 support model