Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
The ETL Developer plays a vital role in the effective management of data and creates programs that support the organization and client demands. This position will use ETL tools to support all the steps like extraction, transformation, and load processes. This position is responsible for data integration, data warehousing, data migration, data management, etc.
- Provides development estimates and participates in project planning.
- Participates in designing and developing complex reports, analysis, and ETL by writing Design Specifications description of framework, interfaces, services, report, business components and interaction between the components.
- Responsible for ensuring quality delivery of code through static and dynamic testing techniques
- Troubleshoot any complex data related issues as well as provide support to production.
- Keep abreast of the current technologies and technological trends. Learn and prototype new technologies, and recommend their use in company products.
- Analyze, document, and reverse engineer any type of SQL/SSIS base code and ETL processes.
- Make recommendations on how to rewrite, modify, and redesign SQL and ETL based processes based on analysis.
- Document and communicate software designs of complex systems.
- Drive process improvement and improve the process efficiency.
- Reduce and/or prevent production defects based on the continuous root cause analysis and process improvement.
- Ensures adherence to coding standards for self as well as team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience ETL/data integration
- Expert-level SQL required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Informatica or Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective decision-making and critical thinking skills for problem identification and solution recommendation.
- Ability to be flexible, set priorities and meet deadlines in a changing environment for self and team.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while demonstrating initiative and using good business judgment.
- Informatica experience a plus.