ETL Developer -Air Travel Data Required
Location: on-site Marlborough, MA
1. Phone interview - 30 minutes
2. Travel Data Exercise- client says should take 2-3 hours to complete important for them to see SSIS experience with travel data components
3. Skype (non-local) or In-person for local candidates
Our direct client is looking to hire a motivated is looking to hire a motivated, detailed oriented ETL Developer. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the reporting team to refactor and rebuild an existing ETL process that transforms data from a PNR level environment into data used for Client reporting. Specific duties will require the applicant to have a background of database development using MS SQL Server and SSIS. The qualified candidate must have a minimum of 1 to 2years of relevant experience with Travel Data. In this role, you will be expected to become familiar with a complex BI platform and backend, and apply that knowledge to future development initiatives.
Would you like to be working with one of the world's largest travel groups, with more 16,000 staff worldwide and 2,500 across the entire brand? They are the world leader in the enterprise travel management space with an active global network spanning over 90 countries worldwide. Offering a unique and welcoming culture, this rapidly growing organization works with cutting edge technology.
- Participate in planning sessions for the rebuild and play an active role in ensuring best practices are used.
- Work closely with the Tech Lead and Architecture team to identify issues with the current process and suggest alternate methods for data transformation.
- Ensure that current reporting standards are being met with the new ETL process.
- Develop data staging environment in SQL Server.
- Develop SSIS package to transform data into the final state for client reporting.
- Assist with internal support queries, such as data integrity and validation questions.
- Research and validate the source of data discrepancies.
- Documenting processes and procedures.
- Analyze data and trends, and suggest performance improvement measures.
- Experienceworking withtravel data; Air data is required.
- Solid understanding of TSQL syntax and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of relational databases and query concepts.
- Understanding of ETL concepts and processes.
- Analysis and design skills, critical thinking, and analytical problem solving.
- Microsoft Business Intelligence tools, specifically SSIS.