More information about this job
Symphony Health Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
At Symphony Health Solutions, we pride ourselves on being Collaborative and customer centric. We do this by focusing on five key values:
- Love the Customer by consistently exceeding expectations
- Focus on Brilliant Execution by being detailed and accountable
- Leapfrog the Competition by Differentiating ourselves and providing innovative solutions
- Build a High-Performance Culture that does not accept mediocrity
- Make it Fun by Connecting as one passionate high-energy team.
Connect with Symphony! Collaborate with Customers! Differentiate Yourself!
The ETL Developer will work closely with Production, Development, and Operational areas to resolve technical issues, perform root cause analysis, develop continuous engineering improvements and foster stakeholder relationships. The successful candidate will be a multi-tasking self-starter with a keen ability to prioritize and lead efforts to solve issues effectively. Must have experience with ETL, Linux, Oracle, Informatica, SQL and the flexibility to work outside standard business hours. Pharma data knowledge is a plus.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Adhere to and enforce company service level agreements, specifically those that are customer facing.
- Available for escalation as a technical subject matter expert.
- Troubleshooting, resolving and tracking application issues on a daily basis for issues such as, but not restricted to: alert activity, available disk space, available memory, server logs, number of processes running, who is logged in, queues.
- Diagnose internal or customer reported issues to determine the validity of the reported issue and undertake analysis and actions for resolution.
- Support the change control process making judgments as to when a push-forward or rollback decision should be made as necessary.
- Communicates effectively to both business and technical stakeholders within the project team.
- Foster relationships with key stakeholders, understanding their requirements and recommend / implement technical solutions and provide guidance as needed.
- Proactive analysis and troubleshooting of production servers and applications.
- Define procedures and processes for ongoing continuous improvement and implement tools for automation.
- Bachelordegree in computer science, information technology or another computer-based discipline is required.
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions using enterprise ETL tools (Informatica, Camel, Pig).
- 2+ years of experience developing and implementing data integration and DW solutions in an Oracle 11g/12g database environment (experience with Oracle EBS is a plus).
- 3+ years of experience working with high volume data exchange and transaction. processing systems, preferably in a custom software development environment.
- SQL and PL/SQL development skills in a multi-tier, SOA environment are required.
- Proficient in flat file formats, XML within PL/SQL, and file format conversion.
- Proficient in web services development.
- Understanding of ETL best practices.
- Proficient in working with technical and business teams to extract and document data integration/exchange requirements.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Deep understanding of both OLTP and star schemas with OLAP.
- Batch processing and ETL schedulingexperience.
- 5+ years of experience with Informatica including significant experience with batch processing.
- Master's degreepreferred.