Job Purpose: Lead a team of ETL developers in design, development, implementation and support of extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes using SAP Data Services. This position requires skills in coordinating efforts of a team of developers using best practices in both project and development management.
- Must be able to prioritize and coordinate work in various stages across a pool of ETL developers.
- Responsible for all phases of solution delivery from initial requirements analysis, solution estimation, coordination of development, testing and delivery to production.
- Must have strong background in data warehousing and dimensional database design and related ETL.
- Technical collaboration with ETL, DBA, BI, Data Modeling teams in a fast-paced environment
- Create, implement, maintain, and extend common reusable data integration components
- Monitor and promote data integration best practices across all work-streams
- Ensure all data integration processes are documented and recoverable as it pertains to disaster recovery.
- Provide technical mentoring to peers, collaborate and be approachable to the team.
- Provide documented project and task updates to all concerned parties in a timely manner
- Monitor production data integration jobs and correct failures in a timely manner
- Create and manage incident reports as they pertain to data integration processes
Knowledge and Skill
- Must be highly skilled in design, loading, querying of dimensional and relational data models in a data warehouse environment.
- Must have proven experience working with custom-built dimensional data models in Oracle from an ETL design perspective.
- Must be experienced in design of ETL in the context of very large datasets
- Must have proven experience performing design of ETL and componentizing the development into units of work performed by various members of a development team.
- Must have a strong command of SQL, & ANSI SQL, with ability to read PL/SQL, for ETL relating to data warehousing and integration.
- Must be proficient in reading and creating ER diagrams and illustrating process flow
- Oracle database modeling experience is a strong plus.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in data integration and/or data warehousing using the above technologies (Oracle and Data Services)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on the ability to communicate technical issues to a diverse non-technical audience
- Excellent customer service skills – works directly with our customers.
- Strong analytical skills, able to effectively solve problems in a timely manner
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Math or a related IT field