Watson Health is supported by the proven innovation of IBM, the dynamic intelligence of Watson, and our collective expertise in and commitment to improving the health industry. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life science in every way. Be a part of a growing division that supports Federal, State and Local governments to improve health and human services value, lower costs and have a meaningful impact on people’s lives through the power of cognitive insights. The GHHS division:
- Drives quality and cost improvement in agency programs and policies to advance agency goals.
- Finds inefficiencies, improving access and helping to reduce costs, improving the quality of care for beneficiaries.
- Helps public employee plan sponsors improve health, efficiency and outcomes in their member population.
- Supports the delivery of health and human services to enable citizens to meet their maximum potential while protecting the most vulnerable populations.
New roles are being created that never existed before to meet industry demands. In this moment of remarkable change and opportunity, we are looking for talented, passionate individuals who are eager to rise to the challenge. IBM Watson is a leader in global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. With world-class learning opportunities and mentoring, you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create and grow the career you’ve always imagined.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company-wide we kicked off aninternal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing andinvesting in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: Navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
- In recent years, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
The ETL Developer is responsible for providing technical execution skills for large-scale data warehouse and BI solutions. The ETL Developer will be expected to design, develop, test, debug, implement and maintain Extract, Transformation & Load (ETL) system. This role needs to understand business requirements, develop ETL solutions, aid in the development of Tableau reports and provide ongoing support for the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Database/data integration with ETL tools like Informatica, DataStage, Cleo, etc.
- Design database schema, tables, and procedures
- Support ETL architecture, design and development
- Design and implement secure data pipelines into a Snowflake data warehouse from on premise and cloud data sources
- Design and implement data pipelines to prepare, process and organize data in the warehouse
- Creation of architecture and design artifacts and documents
- Develop functional specifications for data acquisition, transformation and load processes
- Conduct code reviews and participate in technical design
- Prepare unit test, integration test plan documents and perform unit test, system integration test; document test results
- Ensure data integration/ETL is implemented & monitored successfully to enable data quality, availability, data freshness and meet performance requirements to supportreporting
- Monitor daily/other database jobs and data loads to resolve issues pro-actively and ensure maximum uptime/availability of the databases for reporting
- Support designing & developing database and data sourcing/ETL requirements to ensure efficient reporting and BI
- Support the Data and Analytics team during functional, UAT, regression, and performance testing
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for the administration of the Snowflake Datawarehouse, including design, development, installation, and maintenance, performance monitoring, backup and recovery, migration, etc;
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Must work onsite in Jefferson City, MO 5 days a week
- 3+ yrs progressive experience as a databasedeveloper using InfoSphere
- 3+ yrs experience of ETL applications design and development
- 3+ yrs experience with several data warehouse architecture techniques such as EDWs, ODS’, Data marts using a variety of data modeling tools and techniques.
- Experience with change data capture (CDC)
- Demonstrated experience with ETL tools such as DataStage, Informatica
- Excellent understanding of DW design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience in project life cycle activities on DW/BI (Data warehouse and Business Intelligence) development and maintenance projects
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Previous experience of building data warehouses in a retail environment is a huge plus
- Familiarity with data vault a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: No