ECS is looking for an ETL Developer that has experience with interpreting human capital data and turning it into information to improve and streamline business operations that can impact business decisions. This individual will design, develop, automate, and support complex applications to extract, transform, and load data. This person will ensure data quality, translate data access, transform datasets and move requirements into functional specifications and mapping designs. This individual will lead the data migration from an on premise to cloud environment and support the modernization effort in the cloud.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop logical and physical data flow models for ETL applications. Lead the design and development of ETL processes for the data warehouse lifecycle (staging of data, ODS data integration, EDW and data marts).
- Lead solution design workshops, championing and promoting the application of ETL best practices; document ETL data mappings, data dictionaries, processes, programs and solutions as per established standards for data governance.
- Lead the design, build, test and maintain cloud-based data structures such as data marts, data warehouses, data lakes and data pipelines to acquire, profile, cleanse, consolidate, integrate and persist structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Work with the team to design the logical data model and implement the physical database structure and construct/implement operational data stores and data marts.
- Develop and create transformation queries, views, and stored procedures for ETL processes, and process automations; design and develop stored procedures, functions, views and triggers to be used during the ETL process; Integrate ETL development with existing projects to maximize object reuse.
- Create/Enhance data solutions enabling seamless delivery of data for collecting, parsing, managing and analyzing large sets of data; design and develop ETL solutions using data integration tools for interfacing between source application and the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse models and prepare reports for all metadata integration into systems and draft all ETL scripts and prepare required reports for all end users.
- Analyze and interpret complex data on all target systems and provide resolutions to all data issues; coordinate with data analyst to validate all requirements.
- Coordinate with requirements and data team to implement ETL procedures for all new projects and maintain effective awareness of all production activities according to required standards and provide support to all existing applications; create, execute, and document unit test plans for ETL and data integration processes and programs.
- Document all technical and system specifications documents for all ETL processes and perform unit tests on all processes and prepare required programs and scripts; work with the data analysis team to assess and troubleshoot potential data quality issues at key intake points
- Perform tests and validate all data flows and prepare all ETL processes according to business requirements and incorporate all business requirements into all design specifications.
- Collaborate with all developers and business users to gather required data and execute all ETL programs and scripts on systems and implement all data warehouse activities and prepare reports for same.
- Work with internal and external data providers and subject matter experts to understand data sources and formats; prepare key documentation to support the technical design in technical specifications.
- Collaborate and work alongside with other technical professionals (BI Report developers, Data Analysts, Architects).
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics/Economics
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- 8-10 years’ demonstrated experience working with large datasets and relational databases
- Experience working with data models, reporting packages and knowledge of data warehousing concepts to build a data warehouse for internal departments of the organization
- Prior experience of migrating large volume datasets from on premise to cloud environments
- Hands on experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases across different platforms
- Excellent analytical capabilities and business presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal communications with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A motivated individual with positive attitude that pays attention to detail
- Experience working with a Federal Customer