Less than 5 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
By joining Blue Cross NC you will have the ability to advance your career by taking advantage of our employee networks and company events such as our annual IT Summit. You will have the opportunity to make a career out of making a difference.
As the ELTDeveloper you will be joining a dynamic team within Information Delivery. You will beresponsible for providing oversight of ETL development by vendor partners. You will also provide support for ad hoc needs for Information Delivery. As a valued member of the team you will be tasked to perform analysis, development, installation, modification and support of software and/orinformation solutions.
- Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand and execute all assignments with limited supervision.
- Code, debug, revise and document objects or systems with limited supervision. May design based on functional area assigned.
- Implement the tested and approved objects in a manner which protects the integrity of all test and production environments with limited supervision
- Adhere to all solution delivery standards, service level agreements, and processes (i.e., Balancing, Data Security, Walkthru and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.).
- Analyze business problems or opportunities and prepare detailed specifications and estimates from which objects will be written.
- Provide input into solution buy vs. build recommendations to management when requested.
- Effectively communicate development and production issues to the project team and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- Create effective unit test plans from the technical specifications.
- Work closely with vendors to effectively meet business needs and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or mathematics OR Associate’s degree specifically in computer science field.
- 3 years development experience.
- With no degree, 5 years experiencerequired.
- Direct experience with at least one development language (i.e. COBOL, JAVA, SIEBEL, PEGA, J-Caps, Ab Initio, etc).
- Experience with Ab Initio (or similar ETL tool) and Teradata SQL.
- Experience with Hadoop or an ELT tool is preferred but not required.
- Experience with major database systems specifically Teradata.