ETL Data Services Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Legal Services
Data Services Manager for SQL Developer Team
Location: Beaverton, OR
Data Production Manager to Oversee 20 Data Analysts / SQL Developers
Data Services is the team within the ECA department that manages and moves data through the entire lifecycle of a class action or similar matter, such as a mass tort claim. Each case, while unique, undergoes a similar lifecycle and series of operations, including the initial gathering, scrubbing and loading of client data, notifying potential class members, receiving claim information, computing and disbursing settlement amounts, and so on.
The Data Services Manager oversees a SQL Development team at varying skill levels to move data through the class action lifecycle points to ingest initial data such as create a mailing or reconcile claims. This team consists of approximately 20 Data Analysts / SQL Developers who develop the underlying software that drives the transformation (update) of case data through each step. The primary competencies of this team are SQL development and creating / maintaining ETL procedures.
Hard Skills should be rooted in computer science with education or true industry experience and should have worked as a software SQL developer working with relational data bases including systems performance and programming.
- Provide administrative and personnel management for approximately 20 data analysts / SQL developers, with a mix of associate-level, senior, and team lead skill sets.
- Maintain appropriate staffing and resources to meet case requirements and deliverables.
- Ensure workload and capability is balanced across the team.
- Ensure continuous coverage and work with peer-level managers to establish and maintain departmental standards.
- Establish and maintain team technical standards, guidelines, best practices, etc.
- Provide direction and vision, goals, objectives, etc. to team.
- Serve as escalation point for issues, problems, complex technical decisions, etc.
- Set individual goals and objectives, conduct performance reviews and coaching, establish staff development plans, and manage current and future capability of the team.
- Address all staffing and resource issues, establish performance improvement plans as necessary, work with HR and senior management as warranted.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience as software developer or data analyst.
- Experience as SQL Developer
- 2+ years team lead, supervisor, or management experience.
- Understanding of relational database concepts, tools, performance, techniques, industry standards and best practices.
- Understanding of software development methodologies and SDLC.
- Ability to work in an environment with tight deadlines and shifting priorities.