Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S. and No. 1, 2 or 3 in the world.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Technical/PSM Manager with our Chemical Manufacturing Facility located in Gregory, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Provide attention to detail, and dedication to work in order to ensure reliability of the work site as well as high quality product.
- Develop management systems to assure compliance to PSM standards (MOC’s, PHR’s, PSSR’s, Procedures, Audits, etc.)
- Ensure plants operate in a safe and environmentally responsible manner while achieving high productivity and low costs.
- Mentor/coach Technical Team members to foster professional development. Identify and develop high potential team members.
- Develop process control talent to maintain and improve plant control systems. Use process control to improve safety, environmental performance and reduce costs.
- Provide leadership for the development and implementation of cost saving projects (fixed, variable and marginal income).
- Provide timely and effective communication of the status of technical projects/issues and team accomplishments.
- Manage all available technical resources (internal and external) to ensure timely and cost-effective achievement of plant priorities.
- Set the vision and expectations for team members to ensure organizational success.
- Maintain or develop technical knowledge and skills of all team members at “state of the art”.
- Develop and maintain an effective knowledge management system (technical documents) to retain the value of intellectual property.
- Manage Technical Department budget to ensure effective use and create value for OxyChem.
- Provide leadership to foster a “one” plant attitude
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years experience in process engineering and process supervision
- Technical and presentation skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate on many levels of the organization is desirable
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Open to future relocation