Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Ethics Counsel is responsible for assisting in the ongoing development, implementation and assessment of eBay Inc.’s comprehensive legal ethics compliance program. eBay's image is consistently one of the most trusted by consumers and this position is expected to help elevate the program. We are a fun company in the competitive Internet Commerce space, and we have high performing people at every level in the organization.
The job of the Ethics Counsel is to help ensure that eBay complies with global ethics and anti-corruption laws, regulations and industry leading practices by:
- Developing, refining and updating procedures to enhance corporate governance.
- Investigating Code of Business Conduct, FCPA and other ethics issues, including disputes and conflicts that may arise.
- Acting as a compliance champion by monitoring and validating controls to ensure that projects, documentation, and processes are compliant with current data privacy and other compliance regulations.
- Managing corporate learning management system logic for compliance training, including eBay’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Managing corporate accessibility compliance requirements.
- Designing and performing assessments, analysis, monitoring, and reports on compliance risks.
- Collecting metrics that will allow the company to understand current FCPA and otherrisk trends and control effectiveness.
- Working withinternal teams to remediate any activities for continuous process improvement, including managing projects for compliance enhancement.
- Flexibly assist in other areas of concern to benefit eBay’s legal compliance posture.
- Would get upset with someone for paying a bouncer at a popular nightclub to get ahead in line, but also has an understanding of why it is done and what the ramifications are to the business
- Ability to provide risk-based advice, drive operational efficiency, manage and think globally
- Very strong process and problem solving leadership skills at both strategic and functional levels
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Passion for eBay and a user of its products
- Understanding of FCPA, Anti-bribery statutes.
- Fun to be around in challenging situations with an amazing sense of humor
- Minimum of eight (8)years of direct workexperiencein:
- FCPA, UKBA and other compliance related laws and regulations
- Control framework development
- Analyzing business processes for compliance with required procedures or control frameworks (e.g. NIST, Sentencing Guidelines)
- Managing audit remediation and process improvement projects
- Juris Doctor
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), and /or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Experience in Consulting/Advisory and Legal fields