Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Each company at Vista Outdoor has its own unique DNA. We are united by a dedication to superior quality, performance-driven products and a love of all things outdoors. We are where the rugged outdoors meets modern innovation.
As such, Vista Outdoor has an excellent opportunity for an Ethics and Corporate Compliance Specialist reporting to the Sr. Director of Ethics and Compliance. The individual will play an important role in supporting the Ethics and Compliance Program and bringing resolution to concerns reported to the Ethics and Compliance Office.
- Conduct prompt, thorough, complete and fair investigations of alleged Code of conduct violations including harassment, fraud, conflicts of interest, and other serious allegations of misconduct.
- Partner with Legal, HR, Internal Audit and other organizations as needed to address employee concerns.
- Manage assigned investigations from end-to-end, including intake, investigation strategy, document review, interviews, and documentation.
- Assist in developing long-term solutions to issues.
- Develop/Deliver training programs.
- Assist in analyzing data from internal investigations, Ethics and Compliance, and other sources.
- Provide support for Code of Conduct and policy revisions and identify best practices to incorporate into continuous improvement of the program.
- Have a current understanding of the regulatory trends and changes in the law that may impact implementation of an effective Ethics and Compliance Program.
- Act as a role model for 'doing the right thing' for employees, customers, consumers, and other stakeholders.
- Generate reports and metrics for delivery to senior management and the Board.
- Testify as needed at legal or administrative proceedings.
- Travel as needed to conduct investigations.
- Must have advanced interviewing skills and active listening skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills.
- 5 or more years conducting internal investigations in the private sector with formal training on how to conduct investigations.
- Employment Law, HR/ER, ethics professional certification and/or CFE is preferred.
- Facilitation and Training experience is preferred.
- Must be pro-active, flexible, sensitive to the confidentiality, collaborative, diplomatic, and able to interface with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Able to work independently and a track record of demonstrating good judgement.
- Excellent data analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Able to conduct social media and public source research.
- Bachelor's degree required in HR, Criminal Justice, Finance, or related field.