$200K — $250K *
About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
FTI Consulting’s Strategic Communications segment is seeking an Ethics and Compliance Director to coordinate and oversee the segment’s global ethics and compliance program. This position is in either our New York or Washington, DC offices.
FTI Consulting professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialized expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
We are a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, it’s a meritocratic culture that invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better teamwork and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
In FTI's Strategic Communications segment, we provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
This is a great opportunity for someone with 7+ years of experience serving in a relevant role within an Ethics & Compliance function. To be successful in this role you will need to be able to work with our professionals in ensuring that our business practices are undertaken in strict compliance with our Company’s business ethics principles. Knowledge of general compliance processes and legislation affecting the public relations industry is preferred.
What You’ll Do
The position will jointly support the Global Head of FTI Consulting’s Strategic Communications segment and the Global Chief Risk & Compliance Officer in managing and enhancing the Company’s Ethics and Compliance Program as it applies specifically to the Strategic Communications segment. This includes providing guidance, oversight and expert advice to ensure that business decisions and operations are conducted in a manner that complies with our high ethical standards, enhances our culture, and preserves our reputation in the marketplace. This further includes development, interpretation, and implementation of compliance strategies, policies and programs designed to maintain compliance with applicable laws.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Maintaining, enhancing, and proactively providing advice on compliance with the segment’s Rules of Practice.
• Providing advice and guidancae to management and employees on compliance issues and the corporate compliance program.
• Assisting and working closely with the Global CRCO on the development and implementation of compliance policies and standard operating procedures, training, auditing and monitoring activities to ensure an effective compliance program throughout the segment.
• Facilitating the implementation of and adherence to FTI Consulting’s Code of Conduct in the Strategic Communications segment, including fostering a culture of integrity and ethical behavior.
• Supporting the CRCO in overseeing investigations of complaints or alleged non-compliance in the Strategic Communications segment brought forward by employees or other third parties, including whistleblower reports and complaints regarding unethical behavior.
• Assisting in overseeing the Segment’s compliance programs with respect to compliance with laws including, but not limited to, those applicable to data privacy protection, lobbying, and foreign agent registration.
• Proven experience working in an internal Ethics & Compliance role, preferably within the public relations or professional services industry.
• Extensive knowledge of standards of ethical conduct and related programs applicable to organizations
• Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills
• Must be a solutions-driven, confident, highly motivated and organized team player with impeccable integrity.
• Ability to understand corporate objectives and operate in a highly-matrixed environment to implement effective compliance programs that are consistent with those objectives
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines
• Ability to weigh risks against operational needs to develop reasoned recommendations, including risk mitigation strategies and provide sound compliance advice.
• Excellent judgment and the knowledge and ability to involve and keep key stakeholders and/or senior management appropriately informed.
• A proactive and constructive attitude and ability to develop and run a compliance function which is seen as a valuable addition to the business rather than an obstacle to be overcome.
• Proactive in identifying risks and proposing creative solutions
• Demonstrate ability to appropriately exercise judgment and decision-making in a collaborative consensus-driven environment
• Knowledge of the compliance requirements applicable to a corporate communications/public relations practice.
• Knowledge of the conduct of investigations, including evidence gathering and case management.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
(#LI – KG1)
Valid through: 3/11/2021
$200K — $250K
11 days ago
$200K — $250K
17 days ago